• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Public sector workers to sacrifice their pensions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Public sector workers to sacrifice their pensions

That's a noble gesture I think.

Public sector workers pension reform
    I'm alright Jack

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    That's a noble gesture I think.

Public sector workers pension reform
    Until they go on strike. Which'll help.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
      Until they go on strike. Which'll help.
      They're targeting the royal wedding I think. Expect a Bob Crowe extravaganza.

Some of those figures are sickening though

Mash on target as usual - The Daily Mash - Public sector cordially invited to suck it
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
        They're targeting the royal wedding I think. Expect a Bob Crowe extravaganza.

Some of those figures are sickening though

Mash on target as usual - The Daily Mash - Public sector cordially invited to suck it
        They're not as bad as they could be. Read the proposal carefully. Especially the part that mentions pro-rata decreases from 2015. Any years of service before 2015 will be at the full pensionable rate.

It could've been a hell of a lot worse.

Anyway, the public sector has had it too cushy for far too long.

Comment

They're not as bad as they could be. Read the proposal carefully. Especially the part that mentions pro-rata decreases from 2015. Any years of service before 2015 will be at the full pensionable rate.

It could've been a hell of a lot worse.

Anyway, some ofthe public sector has had it too cushy for far too long.
          FTFY
          But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
            FTFY
            Granted. Apologies to all the Gay/Lesbian Transgendered outreach whales I may have offended.

Comment

Granted. Apologies to the run of mill carers who do the tulip jobs I may have offended.
              FTFY

Have you ever been in a residential home for people with profound physical and learning disabilities?
              But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

FTFY

Have you ever been in a residential home for people with profound physical and learning disabilities?
                An ex worked in one, they're all being shut down slowly
                Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

You mean CUK is run by public sector workers?

Comment

FTFY

Spare me the bleeding heart liberalism. Yes I've seen EMI care homes. I've seen EMI people shuffled round hospitals, not just wards at weekends to find beds for them because there's no-one able/willing to look after them.

My Father worked in the public sector, my Mother worked in the public sector, my Brother and his wife work in the public sector.

They all have a cushy number. Apart from my Dad who is dead but my Mother is receiving half of his pension on top of her full pension.

Next question.

Comment

Working...
                    X