• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Teenage Life

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teenage Life

Anyone heard the drivel we're entering in the Eurovision Wogan Fest this year?
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Originally posted by DaveB
    Anyone heard the drivel we're entering in the Eurovision Wogan Fest this year?
    if its that bad we are sure to get into the top 3 or even win the competition.

Where are Bucks Fizz when you need them ?

Comment

If only David Hasslehoff were British, we'd be certs to win.
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Confident prediciton - we'll go nowhere. Most of Europe won't understand (c)rap anyway, plus this is a fairly pathetic attempt at it led by a bloke with zero stage presence and slightly less charisma.
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Wogan believes the British have a particular sense of honour that is, by Saturday's choice, telling the judges what they think of them.

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio
            Confident prediciton - we'll go nowhere. Most of Europe won't understand (c)rap anyway, plus this is a fairly pathetic attempt at it led by a bloke with zero stage presence and slightly less charisma.
            Dr Dre (hey i'm still down with the kids....) won't be losing any sleep.....

It certainly looks like we're heading for another 'nil points'. Only Natasha made watching it bearable....until she spoke that is.
            Founder Member of the 'I love Janey' Fan Club

Comment

Originally posted by Sputnik
              It certainly looks like we're heading for another 'nil points'. Only Natasha made watching it bearable....until she spoke that is.
              Since when did our score have anything to do with the quality of the song? Another unpopular war anyone?

Comment

Terry Wogan

IMHO, its TW that makes watching Eurovision bearable.

If ever there is an overhyped w@nk, it has to be Eurovision.

I think if your a budding Moldavan,Romanian or Latvian performance artist Eurovision may be a big break but here in Blightly, for any serious perfomance artist, any association with Eurovision is relagated to the same file as the amateur Uni talent shows and school choir experience.

I also think that the big studios and the PR people know this and if they send no-hopers to try for eurovision on the slight chance that they may work out. The quality of the performances attests to this.

Th funniest and most watchable aspect of Eurovision is TW, who always seems to reach new depths when it comes to taking the p1ss out of the performers.

I notice his face is getting redder and redder with each ensuing eurovison perfomance, which may be owing to the fact that he has to drink more and more every year to keep up the pretence that anybody actually gives a t0ss about Eurovision.
                There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

No Chance

The Eastern European countries take the contest really seriously and the entries takes months to choose out of several entries. The UK, rightly or wrongly treat the contest as a joke. The trouble with pop singers in the UK is that they haven’t a clue about music and they expect to be an overnight hit without working hard.
                  HEALTH WARNING. IT Can Damage your Health. Free Advice. Advice in the forum is the £9,995 version. By reading the health warning you are agreeing to the terms and conditions. Advice maybe bad as well as good. 24 months interest free. Your home is at risk if you don’t keep up payments. Advice limited to availability.

Comment

The voting system is flawed. Telephone votes within each country, but not allowed for own country.

Now how many expat poles are there in the UK, so who is getting 12 points from us.

I am sure you can extrapolate the rest of my argument.
                    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Working...
                    X