• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Concert Tonight ...Levellers / Wonderstuff... Excited !!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Concert Tonight ...Levellers / Wonderstuff... Excited !!

Off to Leeds O2 tonight... well excited !!

Anyone going to one of the tour dates for these guys?

Any one even heard of them ??!!

The Wonderstuff were great, the Levellers started out well but then I lost interest

Didn't the Levellers actually start out as a heavy metal band ?
    Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisPackit View Post

should be good, not my cuppa tea but they are both good bands- especially the levellers
      - O2 is meant to be awesome too, enjoy!
      sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from malice - Asimov (sort of)

there is no art in a factory, not even in an art factory - Mixerman

everyone is stupid some of the time - trad.

Comment

Originally posted by 2BIT View Post
        O2 is meant to be awesome too, enjoy!
        Nah, it's a fairly tulipty venue really. Saw Shaun Ryder and The Charlatans there a few months back.

The Wonderstuff are the support act appararently, but I'm more looking forward to seeing them than the main act!

Comment

Nah, it's a fairly tulipty venue really. Saw Shaun Ryder and The Charlatans there a few months back.

The Wonderstuff are the support act appararently, but I'm more looking forward to seeing them than the main act!
          maybe its just O2 in london then
          sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from malice - Asimov (sort of)

there is no art in a factory, not even in an art factory - Mixerman

everyone is stupid some of the time - trad.

Comment

Originally posted by 2BIT View Post
            maybe its just O2 in london then
            I guess so. The one in Leeds .... Think "Old mans Conservative Club with the snooker tables removed" and you're somewhere close...

Comment

I guess so. The one in Leeds .... Think "Old mans Conservative Club with the snooker tables removed" and you're somewhere close...
              Awesome. The Levellers are an AWESOME live act - lots of energy, lots of catchy tunes, and really tight on stage. I've seen them 12 times now.

The Wonderstuff I've never seen, but my band covers Size Of a Cow - I'm sure they'll be great.

Enjoy
              "Being a permy is like being married, when there's no more sex on the cards....and she's got fat."
              SlimRick

Can't argue with that

Comment

Originally posted by The Agents View View Post
                Awesome. The Levellers are an AWESOME live act - lots of energy, lots of catchy tunes, and really tight on stage. I've seen them 12 times now.

The Wonderstuff I've never seen, but my band covers Size Of a Cow - I'm sure they'll be great.

Enjoy
                Yeah, they're playing the tunes from Levelling the Land as it's 20 years since it was released. The Wonderstuff had some great songs, lots of them never made it big though so most people only remember the Dizzy and Size of a Cow songs.

What's this about a band? What's your typical reportoire ?

Comment

Saw the Wonderstuff a few years ago at the Kentish Town Forum. They were really very good. Not seen the Levellers live but it sounds like a good gig. Not at all jealous.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
                    Saw the Wonderstuff a few years ago at the Kentish Town Forum. They were really very good. Not seen the Levellers live but it sounds like a good gig. Not at all jealous.
                    Last saw the Wonderstuff in 1992 at the Manchester Apollo. I feel soooooo old !!

Likewise, never seen the Levellers live. Always liked them, though never a massive fan...

Comment

Working...
                    X