• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Strike

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strike

Anyone here worked on a site that's been on strike for 3 days??

I.E Do you bill the agency anyway?? Or is this just enforced holiday??

Yep - I turned up and worked and got paid. It was a Civil Service strike and the unions did not want to effect contractors. To be fair to your agency it isn't their fault - suggest you see what the client wants you to do. It may mention in your contract that the agency is protected against strikes.

Comment

It's a Union thing...

Client says don't come to work. Agent says it's up to me whether to work or not, but they spoke to client and client says they will not pay and even went as far as to say, building security will not allow any contractors in on those days.

So, enforced holiday it is then!

Comment

sounds like a good time to do your accounts to me...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by premiere
          It's a Union thing...

Client says don't come to work. Agent says it's up to me whether to work or not, but they spoke to client and client says they will not pay and even went as far as to say, building security will not allow any contractors in on those days.

So, enforced holiday it is then!
          So that puts the kybosh into IR35. Under common law an employer is obliged to pay those who turn up for work. Since they would have to pay any employees and you are not paid then ergo this does not meet the requirements of IMMOO and therefore cannot apply.

So Mr Hector be a good chap and bother someone else

Comment

Working...
          X