• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Census

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Census

Anyone done it yet? How intrusive? Big Brother is watching YOU
    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
    Anyone done it yet? How intrusive? Big Brother is watching YOU
    Nothing in the post yet.
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Yeah, got mine 2 days ago. As it looked so horrific[ly big] I decided not to delay and did it straight away, although you're supposed to wait until 27 March. Only took about 15 minutes.

Comment

Got a letter few days ago - was just post new thread about it!

Anyway, hands up who instead of "jedi" puts "CUKKER" into relevant field...

Comment

Question for those of you who work on site at clientco, but have registered office for your business at home: what did you put for Q40? Clientco address or home?
          "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
            Question for those of you who work on site at clientco, but have registered office for your business at home: what did you put for Q40? Clientco address or home?
            Why, do you think the tax office are going to be privy to all this lovely data?

Comment

I got it on Monday. Why do they send out a whole booklet and then say you can do it online?

But the important question is why is question 17 left intentionally blank? What does it really mean, and should we be concerned? Is it part of some top secret government citizen tracking system in readiness for the invasion?
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                Why, do you think the tax office are going to be privy to all this lovely data?

Wording of the question:

In your main job, what is the address of your workplace?

Options:
                Enter an address OR

Check one of the following:
                1. Mainly work at or from home
                2. Offshore installation
                3. No fixed place

tempted to check No fixed place, as it varies from client to client, however not sure if that's right

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

There's so much fun to be had. I will be asking my 2 1/2 year old and soon to be newborn what their national identity is and recording it accordingly. Not for me to define them as English or Irish.

Haven't decided yet on Jedi or Pastafarian.

Comment

Mine arrived the other day, not bothered to open the envelope yet though.

Comment

Working...
                    X