• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ISA Recommendations (aka "where do I put my millions?")

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ISA Recommendations (aka "where do I put my millions?")

With the ISA deadline looming, just wondering whether anyone had any recommendations?

I've just had one of the 'stocks and shares' variety which did well, but I didn't really invest the time needed, so maybe looking at those pre-packaged varieties (such as the M&S Investment ISA, backed by HSBC etc.). Not really interested in a cash one.

Thoughts?

Originally posted by dangly View Post
    With the ISA deadline looming, just wondering whether anyone had any recommendations?

I've just had one of the 'stocks and shares' variety which did well, but I didn't really invest the time needed, so maybe looking at those pre-packaged varieties (such as the M&S Investment ISA, backed by HSBC etc.). Not really interested in a cash one.

Thoughts?
    I tend to avoid the "Packaged" ISA's as they tend to be poor performers. I would suggest looking at topping up your existing Stocks and Shares ISA and invest the money into what you have done previously.
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

ISA is limited to like £10k savings (most stock market tulip I believe), so it would take like 100 years to put a million into it...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        ISA is limited to like £10k savings (most stock market tulip I believe), so it would take like 100 years to put a million into it...
        Except you can move money from previous years cash and or stocks Isas so you could have a million in ISAs in considerably less time.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
          Except you can move money from previous years cash and or stocks Isas so you could have a million in ISAs in considerably less time.
          You'd need like 100 previous years though?

Comment

There are already people with ISA accounts totalling in excess of £1m - NONE of these has been due to cash ISA's.

Want to fire and forget ? Get the lowest possible index tracker you can find - defo NOT from M&S.

Use h-l.co.uk to get discount on initial investment and look at HSBC + Fidelity moneybuilder.
            Vanguard via Allianz is another option (famed for low cost but there are other restrictions)
            Suggest UK tracker to start.

Comment

aTW - I just has an epileptic fit while looking at your new avatar and fell and broke my neck. My lawyer will be contacting you shortly.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                aTW - I just has an epileptic fit while looking at your new avatar and fell and broke my neck. My lawyer will be contacting you shortly.

Comment

Invest in SKA, then this time next year you'll be a millionaire
                  Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

£12 Million ISA

I doubt anybody with a £1m+ ISA had to wait until the deadline to top up!

Comment

Working...
                    X