• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Exclamation marks!!!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exclamation marks!!!!!

I just got an email announcement in my inbox from one the projects at client co, detailing some of the latest changes that have happened on their system.

There are six news items, each with a headline! Every headline ends with an exclamation mark! Every news item ends with an exclamation mark! Most of the news items contain 2 or 3 of them! The pattern seems to be start with a sentence that doesn't have one and follow it with 2-3 more that do, except in a couple of cases where they have left out the one without!

**** me that's annoying! Was your full stop key broken?!
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Sorry, nothing else will do.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

People's use of the exclamation mark is a very good indicator of how much of a baffoon they are.

Overuse points to sociopathic tendencies, in my opinion.
      Last edited by MaryPoppins; 11 March 2011, 13:13. Reason: sp
      Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
        I just got an email announcement in my inbox from one the projects at client co, detailing some of the latest changes that have happened on their system.

There are six news items, each with a headline! Every headline ends with an exclamation mark! Every news item ends with an exclamation mark! Most of the news items contain 2 or 3 of them! The pattern seems to be start with a sentence that doesn't have one and follow it with 2-3 more that do, except in a couple of cases where they have left out the one without!
        **** me that's annoying! Was your full stop key broken?!

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
          People's use of the exclamation mark is a very good indicator of how much of a baffoon they are.

WSS!!!!!

Comment

WHS

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              WHS

I'm a SHE not a HE
              Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
              +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

I'm a SHE not a HE
                Apologies, oh She Who Must Be Obeyed!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  Apologies, oh She Who Must Be Obeyed!
                  Where is the whip smiley?
                  +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Where is the whip smiley?

Comment

Working...
                    X