• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Life before the interweb

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Life before the interweb

Can you remember what it was like when we didn't have 24/7 broadband internet, or even the days before dial-up access was commonplace. How did you used to amuse yourself?

Poll to follow.
    Books
    22.22%
    TV
    20.37%
    Music
    14.81%
    Masturbating
    16.67%
    Some niche interest that marks me out a an oddball
    16.67%
    Watching AndyW's mum dance naked
    9.26%
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

I programmed in basic on a ZX81. I also have 5 children

Comment

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by Dearnla View Post
        I programmed in basic on a ZX81. I also have 5 children
        I had to solder the f’ing 64k ram to stop it crashing. I made a real keyboard, using click keys, Vero Board and ribbon cable. I could never get it to store on tape, so it had to be left on after programming it
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
          Can you remember what it was like when we didn't have 24/7 broadband internet, or even the days before dial-up access was commonplace. How did you used to amuse yourself?

Poll to follow.
          Not really, but I vaguely recall we used to sing songs round the piano. Oh and there were the music halls of course.
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I don't really remember what I did yesterday, let a lone before the internet came along.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              I don't really remember what I did yesterday, let a lone before the internet came along.
              That's because you're a senile old twat
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                That's because you're a senile old twat
                Old is debatable.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  Old is debatable.
                  Fair point well made. I duly retract. I'm standing by "twat" though
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Mordac!
                    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                    X