• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

contractor and mortages

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

contractor and mortages

HI all
    i was about to move from permie to contractor as i have just been offered a contract from a bank.
    the only thing which i am thinking about is mortage, as my wife and i are planning to buy a house during this year.
    I have been offered a 6 months contract, and i was wondering what are the chances of me getting a mortgage if i have just been started contracting..
    has anyone ever had a mortgage when they have just started contracting?

w/kindest regards
    Marco

Originally posted by MmarcoM View Post
    HI all
    i was about to move from permie to contractor as i have just been offered a contract from a bank.
    the only thing which i am thinking about is mortage, as my wife and i are planning to buy a house during this year.
    I have been offered a 6 months contract, and i was wondering what are the chances of me getting a mortgage if i have just been started contracting..

w/kindest regards
    Marco
    Yes you can get mortgage on but the amount depends on your rate and sometimes they ask for a CV.

What rate did you get and have you previously been working in finance

Comment

Originally posted by MmarcoM View Post
      HI all

w/kindest regards
      Marco
      well i'd think in your position your previous employment salary would be the main factor as you wont of been trading a LTD for any decent length of time, contract rate might have a bearing, albeit a minor one but doesn't hurt to get some IFA's to look at what mortgage you could get. The underwriters will have the final say though.

Originally posted by DeludedAussie View Post
      What rate did you get and have you previously been working in finance
      I think the phrase 'got feck all to do with you' would be the answer

Comment

Fill in the form here for contractor mortgages from Contractor Money. I have used them in the past and they go on current rate. Having a signed contract in place seems to be more important than x years worth of company accounts. Last time I got a quote from them it was at 4X annualised contract rate, that is daily rate x 46 weeks or something like that.

Comment

Working...
        X