• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

FFS F'ing BHF F'ing FFS Fnrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FFS F'ing BHF F'ing FFS Fnrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Sitting here like a total spare prick at a wedding trying to register for the London to Brighton.

Would you like to register as a team? Uh huh.
    You are now in a queue. Please don't close this page as you will lose your place in the queue. Uh huh.

Page refresh. <Blinks>
    Page refresh. <Blinks>

1 hr

Page refresh. <Blinks>
    Page refresh. <Blinks>

<grrrrrr>

SY03 comes flying out of nowhere, lands some sort of flying karate kick which nudges my hands performing some sort of right click effort on the browser tab which closes the tab.

Reopens tab.

You are in a queue yada yada yad.

Page refresh. <blinks>
    Page refresh. <blinks>
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

A queue? For a website?

That is odd.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
      A queue? For a website?

That is odd.
      Total f****** farce. And all of their contact us numbers are Monday to Friday only.

You should just log in and register. If you make the cut you get an email, shirley?

Or do I have to demonstrate my dedication to the cause by sitting in front of a laptop all day.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

Sitting here like a total spare prick at a wedding trying to register for the London to Brighton. ...
        Hey what a brilliant idea - When is that Rally?

I may enter my Jag, as it's obviously an old banger.

What will you be driving BTW? One of those old clown cars with a big squeezy horn on the outside?
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          Hey what a brilliant idea - When is that Rally?

I may enter my Jag, as it's obviously an old banger.

What will you be driving BTW? One of those old clown cars with a big squeezy horn on the outside?
          I'll be pedalling a little Italian number

If I can bloody register at all

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
            A queue? For a website?

That is odd.
            Ticketmaster does the same when big events go on sale.

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
              Ticketmaster does the same when big events go on sale.
              There's some sick puppies designing web sites these days.

Comment

Chill. All that stress could give you a heart attack. That would be ironic.

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
                  Chill. All that stress could give you a heart attack. That would be ironic.

So I gave up trying to register on this piece of tulip web site.
                  I tried all the contact numbers.
                  One of them had an OGM "Our offices are now closed. They will open again on the 4th January"

So I put my laptop back on to charge, came back into the living room and am now on the family tatty laptop which has permanent residence on the sofa.

Logged in.
                  Open CUK to post more banal drivel about the BHF.
                  Think feck it, I'm going to log into the BHF web site and send them a snottogram.
                  Check the registration page one more time Justin Case. Straight through no problems, registered the team and awaiting confirmation email if they have availability.

No "You are in a queue" nonsense.

So it would appear those of us trying to register using windows 7, IE8 are tulip out of luck.

Those of us on Vista with Firefox get straight through no problems.

Windows 7 machine is still reporting I am in a queue.

Comment

This post is in the moderation queue.
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                    X