• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Middle names

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Middle names

I feel a bit deprived here. In one form or another, I have had a level of disbelief in the last few weeks that I dont have a middle name

But on reflection, whats all the fuss ? whats a middle name for ?

whats a middle name ever done for you ?

its all baloney if you want my opinion. which you probbly dont

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    I feel a bit deprived here. In one form or another, I have had a level of disbelief in the last few weeks that I dont have a middle name

But on reflection, whats all the fuss ? whats a middle name for ?
    whats a middle name ever done for you ?
    its all baloney if you want my opinion. which you probbly dont

Don't know what other people do but in my family middle names all tend to be of a dead parent/grandparent/aunt.

My sons middle name is Derek. A non trendy name if ever there was one , but the name of my father who died when I was young. My daughter is named after an aunt. His cousin a grandad.

I assume that's how it worked?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

My drinken Uncle Bill got me a Christening Mug with "Bill" on it when my parents opted to give me William as a middle name.
      Dunno what happened to it. In the loft somewhere.

Ho hum.
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

My little girl has a tricky to spell/read Irish first name, so we have given her an easy middle name as a spare in case she ends up wanting to get rid of her first name.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          My little girl has a tricky to spell/read Irish first name, so we have given her an easy middle name as a spare in case she ends up wanting to get rid of her first name.
          I used to have a neighbour called Liam, but that was his middle name and his real first name was David. His parents wanted to call him Liam, but thought it'd be better not to give him an Irish first name because of the troubles.

I don't have a middle name (neither does my Dad). Like EO, sometimes people just refuse to believe you. You get "go on, tell us", or "it's okay, it's confidential", and you're left trying to explain that no, you *really* don't have a middle name and, no you're not just pretending because you have an embaressing one.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Up in Scotland it's traditional to get your mother's maiden name as a middle name, we had a John S Smith, would never reveal his middle name. we found out eventually, Sampson!

Mother's maiden name...

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              Ditto

I have 2 middle names
              I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
              CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
              CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

I don't have a middle name either.

I was told off in primary school by an ignorant teacher for not having one. "Don't be stupid, everyone has a middle name.". Figure that out.

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
                  Ditto

I have 2 middle names
                  Flash git

I use my middle name where I live because my first name sounds rubbish in German.

This can go terribly wrong when you get registered for a large event and get introduced by the wrong name...
                  Last edited by Sysman; 13 March 2011, 01:39.
                  Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

No middle names, unusual for an Irish family.
                    Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
                    X