• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

.Net WPF in investment banks. (contractor wannabe)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.Net WPF in investment banks. (contractor wannabe)

Hi all,

I am thinking of becoming a contractor in a couple years.
    When I search jobserve with my primary skill C#, most high paid ones are WPF in IBs.

Can anyone shed some light on me how much WPF skills are needed for those positions or if it implies high level skills/experiences on UI multi-threading as well.

I once was being interviewed for an IB perm position where two team leaders came for the technical questions. One was from UI team and the other one from the middle-ware.
    But the UI team leader didn't care too much asking me questions seemingly from the fact that there's no commercial desktop software experience in my CV.

My 4 years of Java exp. is dedicated to web apps and the 6 years of .Net programming is mostly done for the web apps + inhouse apps.

I know there are already similar postings on this forum regarding getting into the IBs, but I would like to know about the usage of WPF in IB and the chance of non commercial-UI developer like me to win those positions.

Thanks in advance.

Working...
X