• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

National Talk Like an Agent Day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

National Talk Like an Agent Day

Did nobody tell you? Today's Talk Like an Agent day!

So how was your weekend?

As for me, I commuted to a friend's house (West London/Berkshire) for a fantastic 4-hour opportunity in the lunch space. I gained exposure to some Tier 1 roast beef and Yorkshire pudding, and interfaced with stakeholders ranging from toddlers to senior parents.

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
    Did nobody tell you? Today's Talk Like an Agent day!

So how was your weekend?

As for me, I commuted to a friend's house (West London/Berkshire) for a fantastic 4-hour opportunity in the lunch space. I gained exposure to some Tier 1 roast beef and Yorkshire pudding, and interfaced with stakeholders ranging from toddlers to senior parents.
    Did you get two references while you were there?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Of course. I also requested photocopies of their VAT certificate and personal passport for compliance purposes.

Comment

My client has an urgent requirement for candidates with 5 years of experience in Yorkshire Pudding 2010 version 4.1 for this demanding role in a bleeding edge project.You will be dynamic, pro-active and have extensive procurement experience in the pudding and pies sector and have an excellent awareness of the procurement cycle.

Will you be available for a telephone interview yesterday?

I really need to provide my client with a competitive rate; if I can pitch you at 60 pounds per day you will have an excellent chance of extensions and a great opportunity to further develop your career with a leading multinational organisation.

Comment

Of course. I also requested photocopies of their VAT certificate and personal passport for compliance purposes.
          As it happens I knew the lunch was on and had discussed table setup and condiments first.

I represent that lunch and have asked them to send me an email confirming that I am the sole representor.

I'll take it from here.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Nearly time to resource some more lunch.

Pasta, pork pie, butternut squash soup and stir fry are all valid and welcome, though there is a tiny tiny preference for butternut squash soup.

PLEASE NOTE: THE LUNCH MUST BE BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP. LUNCHES WITHOUT EXPERIENCE OF BEING BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.

Comment

Nearly time to resource some more lunch.

Pasta, pork pie, butternut squash soup and stir fry are all valid and welcome, though there is a tiny tiny preference for butternut squash soup.

PLEASE NOTE: THE LUNCH MUST BE BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP. LUNCHES WITHOUT EXPERIENCE OF BEING BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
              With or without service patch 4?

Comment

Definitely, with SP4. Because although the client is on SP3 and has no plans to upgrade, it did once hear its cousin's milkman talking about installing SP4 one day.

Comment

Sadly some of them are still better at it than you can imagine...

NEW SENIOR STRATEGY CONSULTANTS NEEDED FOR LEADING CORPORATE STRATEGY FIRM IN LONDON - URGENT

My Client is an innovative thought leader in Strategy Consultancy, working across the world and across multiple industries with high profile, multi-national corporations, governments and not-for-profit organisations to shape and leverage their Marketing Strategy / Organisational Strategy / Innovation Strategy / Growth Strategy and General Strategy. You will enter the London based practice at a Senior Manager level with a clear progression opportunity to Associate Partner and then Partner. You will work with key customers at board and CXO level, Project Managing the delivery of innovative and intellectual strategy solutions. Industry experience is not specific, but you must have significant experience of working within a strategy consultancy. My client is looking for "the next generation of leaders" so you must have the gravitas and aspirations to take a key role in the business and progress your career.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

This man has experience of working with key customers at board level:

Comment

Working...
                    X