• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Blisters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blisters

second day at the new assignment

gotta be suited and booted here, well for me that means tidy trousers, shirt and jumper

but, ouch,
    first time I've had to dress like this in about 5 years and these shoes which haven't been worn for 5 years are giving blisters :-(

Anyway, work is fine and colleagues nice

Milan.

Good to hear all is going well Bensey.

Don't forget to give the tape cupboard a good hoover out otherwise your dry cleaning bill will go through the roof.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post

gotta be suited and booted here, well for me that means tidy trousers, shirt and jumper

but, ouch,
      first time I've had to dress like this in about 5 years and these shoes which haven't been worn for 5 years are giving blisters :-(

Milan.
      Sorry mate but Suited and Booted means Suited and Booted.

Your description of tidy trousers, shirt and jumper sounds more like:
      1) Wilmslow clone
      2) Just plain naff
      3) School uniform
      4) Acceptable for Business casual (assuming you really are a tape monkey - as IMHO a "jumper" is just dorky and never to be worn in public)

but anyway - get your self a new pair of shoes (if you've got to wear them they should be comfortable)
      Jim is a Jedi! - Dara
      Jim is EVIL! - Jenny Eclair

Comment

Milan.
        Well at least you have ditched the tank-top.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

but, ouch,

Milan.

Have we sympathy girls? Have we fuc....
          I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

but, ouch,

Milan.
            <wipes tears from eyes />
            "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
            X