• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rate for Solvency-II skills?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rate for Solvency-II skills?

Folks, Whats the average daily rate (in London and Kent) for Solvency-II skills? For a BA witrh over 7yrs of experience, a few insurance certifications and experience working in the risk workstream.

To clarify, I have no direct Solvency2 experience. Will Basel-II certificataion help?

Comment

Originally posted by bluedrop View Post
      To clarify, I have no direct Solvency2 experience. Will Basel-II certificataion help?
      depends on the role, PM? BA? Developer? Actuary? Accountant?
      sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from malice - Asimov (sort of)

there is no art in a factory, not even in an art factory - Mixerman

everyone is stupid some of the time - trad.

Comment

Originally posted by 2BIT View Post
        depends on the role, PM? BA? Developer? Actuary? Accountant?
        doh! sorry didn't read your post properly - BA? 500-600? I believe I can get 500+ as a dev in that area
        sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from malice - Asimov (sort of)

Comment

Originally posted by 2BIT View Post
          doh! sorry didn't read your post properly - BA? 500-600? I believe I can get 500+ as a dev in that area
          BA you're looking at 500ish, the rates have dropped slightly of late.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I got contacted about a Solvency II role the other day. Training & Comms role. £700pd. Couldn't apply as I've just agreed a new extension with my current ClientCo.

Plus, I've only got a very limited understanding of Solvency II and I think the fact that that role is just over double my current daily rate probably means it was always going to be over my level.

Comment

Originally posted by bluedrop View Post
              Folks, Whats the average daily rate (in London and Kent) for Solvency-II skills? For a BA witrh over 7yrs of experience, a few insurance certifications and experience working in the risk workstream.
              my mate's a BA at 550

Comment

Hot area but you need to be an Actuary to really understand it IMO. Other than that if you have some experience working in the finance function of an insurer then anyone with generic PM/BA/Dev skills would be able to do it.
                "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Originally posted by GillsMan View Post
                  I got contacted about a Solvency II role the other day. Training & Comms role. £700pd. Couldn't apply as I've just agreed a new extension with my current ClientCo.

Plus, I've only got a very limited understanding of Solvency II and I think the fact that that role is just over double my current daily rate probably means it was always going to be over my level.
                  not necessarily, like freamon says there are many kinds of roles, the heavy lifting roles will involve actuarial science or banking regulation knowledge but there are many other roles that would contribute to a project to become compliant and the speed at which the companies need to become compliant means you may well get a good rate

Comment

Working...
                  X