• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Olympics are cancelled!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Olympics are cancelled!

"The clock in central London which has been counting down to the 2012 Olympics has stopped, less than 24 hours after it started counting down"

Linky

Ticketing isn't going well either:
    Visa glitch hits race for London 2012 Olympics tickets - CNN.com

Comment

Who cares about the Olympics?

BBC News - Ticket prices for new cheese rolling festival announced
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Times like these call for a new smiley:

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
          The official website accepts only Visa cards,
          WTF ???

What kind of setup is that?
          Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
            WTF ???

What kind of setup is that?
            Visa are the official sponsers
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
              How is it even allowed to have single payment provider, ffs - in some foreign countries nobody got Visa because MasterCard so strong.

Comment

it is silly.

Right now, on my desk there's a bottle of Schweppes' Abbey Well, "official water" of London 2012. See, I hope you've not been drinking that unofficial bootleg water that comes out of taps and the sky.

Comment

the Swiss-based Swatch Group
                  Typical! What do the swiss know about making clocks?

As for them being cancelled. If only. The missus will be watching them on TV, morning noon and night and I will probably be blackmailed into actually going. I have managed to avoid attending any sports event since I saw Crystal Palace play Derby in 1963 and I still have nightmares about it.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

"The clock in central London which has been counting down to the 2012 Olympics has stopped, less than 24 hours after it started counting down"
                    actually if that kind of thing carries on, we could be looking at the first ever sub-1-second 100m sprint.

Comment

Working...
                    X