• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

24 hrs to save the NHS - yea ... right

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

24 hrs to save the NHS - yea ... right

And so said New Labour just before the '97 General election.

What sort of NHS have we now ?

We have an increasingly politicised NHS that has already started down the avenue of planning what type of person is entitled to care and who is not. Arbitrarily decided by the jobsworth senior NHS managers.

Anyone watching Panorama also witnessed the NHS policy of a few years now, illegally grabbing the homes of elderly people to pay for their NHS care.

And how much extra is it costing the tax payer for this New Labour style of NHS ?

Who ever said the NHS was safe in New Labour hands ?
    Last edited by BobTheCrate; 7 March 2006, 10:23.

One contributor summed up many of my sentiments very well ...

Well done Panorama... excellent programme. Sickening exposure of a Labour government who champion the NHS while undermining us all with a system of us having to pay for our illness, dotage and deterioration in old age.

The smug and patronising minister left us all in no doubt that they see this as the way forward and are prepared to ignore the law. The elderly have a vote and have paid for the NHS services over their lifetime. They have a very basic right to benefit from the legally established right to funding for their care. Thank goodness for the media such as Panorama. Don't let it go - keep after them on this one.

G Bird, Suffolk

Well said indeed Mr or Ms Bird.

I loved the "smug and patronising minister" bit. What a typically sickening, deceitful & slimy Labour minister he was.

Comment

Originally posted by BobTheCrate
      Who ever said the NHS was safe in New Labour hands ?
      Whose hands do you think it would be safe in?

Subsidiary question if you say The Tories: are you old enough to remember the Thatcher years?

Comment

That's pure suppository expat me old mate.

Comment

Originally posted by expat
          Whose hands do you think it would be safe in?

Subsidiary question if you say The Tories: are you old enough to remember the Thatcher years?
          Yes I am old enough to remember the Thatcher years. I still hate and despise her. That said, not as much as I hate and despise this new lot. They tax like a Labour government, provide less than a Tory government to those who have paid those taxes and are more controlling and convinced of their own importance and superiority over the rest of us than a fascist government.

Comment

Perhaps pensioners would be best employed as suicide bombers against nu labour.... might take em a while to catch up with two jags though....
            Vieze Oude Man

Comment

are we talking about the next series of 24?
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Fact is the NHS can't be saved. In an era of increased longevity and increased choice of treatment, demand will be tending to the infinite with finite resources. A totally free NHS has to end. It's an impossibility.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

A totally free NHS was a dumb idea in the first place.
                  Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                  threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
                    A totally free NHS was a dumb idea in the first place.
                    Agreed.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X