• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I just need two references 2.0

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just need two references 2.0

The HR Capitalist: If I Had a Few Million Dollars - I Would Aggregate References of Candidates...

The comments are quite good too.

The guy's living on planet gaga. He missed out point 6.

6: Guarantee that contractors buy each other a round of drinks in return for references
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Had a good one yesterday from Reed.

Reed pleb called up ..hi how are you blah...just checking on your situation.
      Me: just started looking for a new role, only posted my CV yesterday.
      Reed pleb: So any interviews lined up any thing in the pipe line?
      Me: No today's only the first day of looking
      Reed pleb: audible sigh - clatter of receiver being put down.

Comment

Just slap em round the head with a red herring so they waste their time chasing things that don't exist.

"Yeah, I've put myself in for that job in xxxx which I think is company X, and I had a call about a xxxxx job in xxxxx but the rate wasn't very good so I'm waiting to see if they'll come back to me"

Hours of fun.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
          Just slap em round the head with a red herring so they waste their time chasing things that don't exist.

"Yeah, I've put myself in for that job in xxxx which I think is company X, and I had a call about a xxxxx job in xxxxx but the rate wasn't very good so I'm waiting to see if they'll come back to me"

Hours of fun.
          minutes
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            minutes
            I think in my imagination I was spinning it out into some sort of "Our Man in Havana" scenario.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
            X