• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Customer service

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Customer service

I just had a call from my mobile operator letting me know that my contract expires in a few months and if I want to I can upgrade now, so I can go and choose what phone(s) I want (two numbers, both due an upgrade soon) and they'll let me know what it will cost if it turns out not to be free (which it usually is).

I suppose I am a fairly valued customer as I do spend quite a bit with them for the two phones I have but it's nice to get a bit of personal attention isn't it, even if it's obvious they are just trying to retain me for another 18-24 months.

So, Ms Doodab will get her own choice and I already have an unlocked HTC Desire, so what do I go for? At the moment none of them are screaming out at me. Shall I just wait until they have something I actually want? The HTC flyer perhaps?
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Originally posted by doodab View Post
    I just had a call from my mobile operator letting me know that my contract expires in a few months and if I want to I can upgrade now, so I can go and choose what phone(s) I want (two numbers, both due an upgrade soon) and they'll let me know what it will cost if it turns out not to be free (which it usually is).

I suppose I am a fairly valued customer as I do spend quite a bit with them for the two phones I have but it's nice to get a bit of personal attention isn't it, even if it's obvious they are just trying to retain me for another 18-24 months.

So, Ms Doodab will get her own choice and I already have an unlocked HTC Desire, so what do I go for? At the moment none of them are screaming out at me. Shall I just wait until they have something I actually want? The HTC flyer perhaps?
    You do need to get out a little bit more, don't you?

Comment

Wait until a phone is out you want then upgrade or move.

Who is the operator btw? It may explain why they have phoned you up.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

My mobile operator bake me a large cake two months before my contract expires, and deliver it to my door in a platinum carriage. The CEO of Orange leaps from the cake to announce my imminent upgrade.
        Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
        +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Wait until a phone is out you want then upgrade or move.

Who is the operator btw? It may explain why they have phoned you up.
          Vodafone. I don't why they phone me, they must have realised after 13 years of massive phone bills that I can't really be arsed shopping around

It does save me walking to the shop though, which is nice.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            You do need to get out a little bit more, don't you?
            What is this 'out' of which you speak? Does it have an SDK?

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
              My mobile operator bake me a large cake two months before my contract expires, and deliver it to my door in a platinum carriage. The CEO of Orange leaps from the cake to announce my imminent upgrade.
              Yes, but you are a woman and hence spend inordinate amounts of time on the phone. You're probably keeping his company afloat

Comment

Yes, but you are a woman and hence spend inordinate amounts of time on the phone. You're probably keeping his company afloat
                Wrong! I hate talking on the phone and rarely answer it!

Bit exclamation mark heavy there, apologies.
                Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

When then Desire launched, I rang T-Mobile and asked about it, but it wasn't on their system yet, so they advised me to ring back the following week.

Two days later, the same person rang me back to say that it was on the system now, and was I still interested in it.

I was impressed.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                    When then Desire launched, I rang T-Mobile and asked about it, but it wasn't on their system yet, so they advised me to ring back the following week.

Two days later, the same person rang me back to say that it was on the system now, and was I still interested in it.

I was impressed until I realised they are utterly tulipe in every other aspect but SALES
                    FTFY...

Comment

Working...
                    X