• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cats

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cats

I've been staying with a woman who keeps 8 cats for the past few months. Now she's gone on holiday & I stupidly agreed to look after them while she's away. This involves:

1) Cleaning out their litter trays (which are kept in the kitchen) everyday. I'm not a neurotic type - I've looked after many dogs & have even had my arm up the back end of a few cows in my time but this task really makes me gag.

2) Feeding them - cat food is surely the most noxious substance known to man which probably explains the above.

3) Just putting up with them - seriously, they give me the willies. They all sit in diferent corners of the room preening themselves & hissing when another gets within 10 feet. Then the little bastards keep me up by yowling for half the night. How anyone ever draws any comfort from these animals is beyond me.

Well, after 2 days I've had enough & I think it's about time they learnt how cats are supposed to live. Outside. So, come bedtime I'll be booting 'em all out and blocking off the catflap. Don't worry, I'm not completely heartless - if it's raining I can make use of a very capacious wheelie bin on the drive

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
    Well, after 2 days I've had enough & I think it's about time they learnt how cats are supposed to live. Outside. So, come bedtime I'll be booting 'em all out and blocking off the catflap. Don't worry, I'm not completely heartless - if it's raining I can make use of a very capacious wheelie bin on the drive
    Careful. A lot of domestic cats aren't really equipped for life outside, you'll have a job explaining why some of them are missing if the cars / foxes / neighborhood dogs get hold of them.

Why not get some ear plugs and cat repellent to use as deodorant?
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I've got a cat.

They are vile selfish things. Hate the bloody thing!

The cat food stinks like tulip, their tulip stinks like tulip.

It howls in the house to get out, it howls when it's outside to come in.

And to make matters worse, the thing is like nearly 20 years old and show no signs of dieing.

My beloved dog died of cancer aged 10!

Comment

First laugh of the day, thank you.

EIGHT CATS?! Is she single, by any chance?

I'm also intrigued about your experience of cows arses.
        Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
        +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post

First laugh of the day, thank you.

Comment

How anyone ever draws any comfort from these animals is beyond me.
            The trick is to have just 1 well trained cat. Not 8 cats which are more used to other cats than people.
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

I've been staying with a woman who keeps 8 cats for the past few months.
              Thats the problem. When room hunting if there is a cat or dog I don't even bother looking.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

You may recall:

Link

I went to agricultural college once upon a time to study dairy technology.

Comment

I've been staying with a woman who keeps 8 cats for the past few months. Now she's gone on holiday & I stupidly agreed to look after them while she's away. This involves:

1) Cleaning out their litter trays (which are kept in the kitchen) everyday. I'm not a neurotic type - I've looked after many dogs & have even had my arm up the back end of a few cows in my time but this task really makes me gag.

2) Feeding them - cat food is surely the most noxious substance known to man which probably explains the above.

3) Just putting up with them - seriously, they give me the willies. They all sit in diferent corners of the room preening themselves & hissing when another gets within 10 feet. Then the little bastards keep me up by yowling for half the night. How anyone ever draws any comfort from these animals is beyond me.

8 is just a bit over the top.

As for the cat litters; get yourself some of that cat litter deodorant powder from the pet shop and put in a good layer on each litter. It'll make things more bearable.

They're possibly yowling because they're accustomed to being allowed in the bedroom.
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I went to agricultural college once upon a time to study dairy technology.
                    Milk doesn't come out of the arse

HTH
                    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                    X