• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Quitting Smoking

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quitting Smoking

Coffee's for closers

When?

Comment

Today

Was going to quit on Monday but I bought the full strength lozenges and almost vomited
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Stop Smoking Benefits Timetable

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
          Good luck. I gave up about 8 years ago. Very glad I did.

My secret was whenever I had a craving, to remind myself that it will go away by itself in a bit, and to avoid the pub for the first 3-4 weeks.
          Last edited by doodab; 16 March 2011, 12:35.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Today

Was going to quit on Monday but I bought the full strength lozenges and almost vomited
            How many do you smoke SC?

I'm more of a social gal myself, and should therefore probably quit.
            Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
            +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
              How many do you smoke SC?

I'm more of a social gal myself, and should therefore probably quit.
              Not a heavy smoker, 10-15 a day but I was starting to feel the effects more and more
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

Good luck!

I gave up six years ago by going cold turkey. It's not easy, but it is worth it. You will not be pleasant to be around for a few weeks though, so good luck to your friends and family too!

Comment

Not a heavy smoker, 10-15 a day but I was starting to feel the effects more and more
                  I was similar and didn't bother too much about quitting for good. Went down to a few every week, and then 5 or 6 three times a year down the pub. Didn't have any in 2010.

The trick I found was willpower, which is a fancy way of saying that every thime you are about to have a cigarette, choose not to. It's really very simple and easy. They are your arms so don't extend them to take a cigarette and don't buy any either.

Comment

Today

The Allen Carr* book is worth a read. Helps with the bad tempered cravings (which don't actually exist anyway).

I gave up after 30 yrs of 20/day using that book. Didn't find it anything like as hard as expected.

*Not the camp comedian.
                    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Working...
                    X