• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The market at the moment

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The market at the moment

I'm getting 2-3 calls a day at the moment, some of them quite tangential to what I usually do but I've had more calls this week than in the last two years.

Is it all about to go boom as budgets get signed off for the new financial year? Are other people getting any?
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Originally posted by doodab View Post
    I'm getting 2-3 calls a day at the moment, some of them quite tangential to what I usually do but I've had more calls this week than in the last two years.

Is it all about to go boom as budgets get signed off for the new financial year? Are other people getting any?
    I think staffing up in March for new project kicking off in April or another phase with new budget in April, is becoming a yearly cycle.

That why I have been saying for a while, you should look to get off a project you don't like at a time where you will pick up something else quickly.

Not do the man thing, stick it until you do something silly, at the wrong time of the year

HTH
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

I hope they are still looking for people at the end of June. I guess all those projects that had people leave will be looking for people to replace them. After 2 1/2 years of tulip I was kind of hoping for a greenfield one this time though.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
      X