• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Girl

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Girl

So, this new woman's started.

She's nice. She's...nice. She means well, I'm sure.

I can't fkcing stand her already.

She's the most enthusiastic and jolly person I've ever met - it's an onslaught I'm defenceless against.

She's also got that sort of, phlegmy voice, where you can hear her saliva preparing for the next onslaught of jolly crap.

She mutters to herself during meetings while other people speak ('mmmm, sure') and laughs to herself for no reason.

She also laughs inanely at the end of almost every sentence that comes out of her mouth. She asked me a simple question earlier - I gave her the answer. She laughed as if I'd told her my best joke. She'd be lucky.

No - it's not a confidence thing. She's BRIMMING with confidence. BRIMMING.

I should probably be worried about how intolerant I am. Right?
    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Cut her face off.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
      Is it safe to agree with you on this one?
      Jim is a Jedi! - Dara
      Jim is EVIL! - Jenny Eclair

Comment

Wrong. She is a dangerous mentalist. People that confident are usually utterly incompetent and simultaneously under the illusion that they are gods gift.

Run. Like. Hell.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

So, this new woman's started.

She's nice. She's...nice. She means well, I'm sure.

I can't fkcing stand her already.

She's the most enthusiastic and jolly person I've ever met - it's an onslaught I'm defenceless against.

She's also got that sort of, phlegmy voice, where you can hear her saliva preparing for the next onslaught of jolly crap.

She mutters to herself during meetings while other people speak ('mmmm, sure') and laughs to herself for no reason.

She also laughs inanely at the end of almost every sentence that comes out of her mouth. She asked me a simple question earlier - I gave her the answer. She laughed as if I'd told her my best joke. She'd be lucky.

No - it's not a confidence thing. She's BRIMMING with confidence. BRIMMING.

Sounds like one of the guys in my office (Mr September). Everything is 'fantastic' or 'awesome'. He does insist on high-fiving me at least twice a week. The first time I gave him my most withering look, but his hand stayed there - and he said "Don't leave me hanging". In the end it was less embarrassing just to high five back. High twos are usually more my style.

Having said that he has grown on me over time, and I'd go as far as to say it now seems very dull and quiet when he's not around.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
            Wrong. She is a dangerous mentalist. People that confident are usually utterly incompetent and simultaneously under the illusion that they are gods gift.

Run. Like. Hell.
            I completely agree with you here doody.

Her total over confidence on day one made my ears prick up in alarm, but it's got to the point where every time I hear her demented screech, I want to kick my own head off.

She's one of those really tall, broad ladies who makes a big deal about being a lurch. She's got a hunchback too.
            Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
            +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

If that's not bad enough Mary, Ive just been informed that you didn't got the role of Little Miss Sunshine in the new Broadway musical by Roger Hargreaves but on the plus side he's writing a new story called Little Miss Crabby.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Easy one this...

She wants to get in yer knicks.

Bing!

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
                  Sounds like one of the guys in my office (Mr September). Everything is 'fantastic' or 'awesome'. He does insist on high-fiving me at least twice a week. The first time I gave him my most withering look, but his hand stayed there - and he said "Don't leave me hanging". In the end it was less embarrassing just to high five back. High twos are usually more my style.

Having said that he has grown on me over time, and I'd go as far as to say it now seems very dull and quiet when he's not around.

He must be her brother. She said (shouted) to me "Oh, you must be MARY! I've heard all about YOU! Put it there!" and shook my hand in a sort of exaggerated, clown style.

Waaaaah. She will never grow on me.
                  +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post

You lot not worked in the US then?
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X