• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

WTF

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTF

Local authorities will be able to help first-time buyers struggling to get on the property ladder under a scheme which was launched today.

The initiative is aimed at people who could afford monthly repayments on a 95 per cent mortgage but do not have the big deposit that most lenders are currently demanding.

Under the scheme, local councils would step in and provide a security worth up to 20 per cent of the property's value, which would be held with the lender and on which interest would be paid, enabling the buyer to qualify for a lower mortgage rate.

The individual would still borrow up to 95 per cent of their property's value, while they would also own their home outright, unlike under a shared ownership scheme.

Source: Councils to give struggling first-time buyers 20% deposits on homes | Mail Online

--

WTF is going here - local authorities are meant to be cutting down costs massively and somehow they find money for deposits??!?!!?

I know, it's weird. This government is Gordon Brown on steroids.

Anyway DP covered this one earlier.

Here's another WTF

Yen gained over 4% on the pound today. What do you make of that?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
      On one hand that's much better situation if currency collapses and resource limited country has to import them from abroad.

But on another hand it also shows strength of the dirty spekulators who bet on Japanese subsidiaries taking hard earned money back to Japan - this would mean those companies will buy less materials, food etc - if there was an activity of earning money on blood this is the one...

Comment

Perfectly as expected

Japan is liquidating foreign assets into Yen, so they can spend it on rebuilding

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post
          Japan is liquidating foreign assets into Yen, so they can spend it on rebuilding
          I hope Japanese tax office start accepting foreign currency directly and spend it directly as well to shaft all those scumbags who are profiting from their disaster just now...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            WTF is going here - local authorities are meant to be cutting down costs massively and somehow they find money for deposits??!?!!?
            It's absolutely all true, I read it in the Daily Mail
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Are you seriously asking AtW for economics guidance???
              Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                Are you seriously asking AtW for economics guidance???
                Yes.

You've been away from CUK for too long and some things have changed.

I am the economic guru of the forum.

DimPrawn is the clown.

sasguru mostly away drinking cheap whiskey and waiting to get sacked.

MF is the main sockie master.

Comment

Yes.

DimPrawn is the clown.

Oh. It's also £10 to post of an evening. So thats a tenner you owe . Plus it's double time for One A Day. Make it payable to Red Nose day please.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Yes.

DimPrawn is the clown.

I thought you were meant to be keeping quiet until SKA was complete?
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Working...
                    X