• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Royal Bl**dy wedding

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Royal Bl**dy wedding

So, not only do me and the wife face losing a couple of billable days for this charade, the school has announced that as it's poor feckless lazy b*stard teachers were on holiday anyway, they are going to award themselves an additional day off later in the year thus probably losing us a third billable day.

I also found out today that companies are not required to pick up the tab for this additional bank holiday and can force their employees to take it as part of their annual holiday entitlement.

Fellow peasants, take up thy pitchforks.

Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Losing billable days? You sound like a bloody capitalist.

Comment

Do you whinge about weekends too? Why don't you move to a country with no monarchy or sense of national pride, then you can avoid public holidays and work yourself to a rich, bitter death.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
        So, not only do me and the wife face losing a couple of billable days for this charade, the school has announced that as it's poor feckless lazy b*stard teachers were on holiday anyway, they are going to award themselves an additional day off later in the year thus probably losing us a third billable day.

I also found out today that companies are not required to pick up the tab for this additional bank holiday and can force their employees to take it as part of their annual holiday entitlement.

Fellow peasants, take up thy pitchforks.

I completely agree. These benchers and employers burning up angels money don't know they're born.

As it happens, I decided to take a two week vacation over all of those bank holidays and wedding day. So in theory I have mitigated the damage of those tulipty billing days and the client is happy.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          I completely agree. These benchers and employers burning up angels money don't know they're born.

As it happens, I decided to take a two week vacation over all of those bank holidays and wedding day. So in theory I have mitigated the damage of those tulipty billing days and the client is happy.
          What my (alleged)alcoholic friend says.

Good Friday
          Saturday
          Easter Sunday
          Easter Monday
          Tuesday
          Wednesday
          Thursday
          Royal Wedding
          Saturday
          Sunday
          Bank Holiday Monday

Get in there!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
            What my (alleged)alcoholic friend says.

Good Friday
            Saturday
            Easter Sunday
            Easter Monday
            Tuesday
            Wednesday
            Thursday
            Royal Wedding
            Saturday
            Sunday
            Bank Holiday Monday

Get in there!
            & as a permie I have booked the 3 days in the middle
            Growing old is mandatory
            Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Do you whinge about weekends too? Why don't you move to a country with no monarchy or sense of national pride, then you can avoid public holidays and work yourself to a rich, bitter death.
              What, like Germany? If a bank holiday falls on a weekend, it stays on the weekend, none of this moving it to a Monday or Friday plus the shops don't get it either. Some years you get about 1-2 bank holidays that actually fall during the week. The problem is, is that if its on a Wednesday then it screws your week up (especially if like me you work far from home) or a Tuesday or Thursday so most people take bridging days for a long weekend which can be a pain as well (especially if like me you work far from home.)
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
                As a contractor (living with a permie who wants to go on holiday) I've done the same!

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  What, like Germany? If a bank holiday falls on a weekend, it stays on the weekend, none of this moving it to a Monday or Friday plus the shops don't get it either. Some years you get about 1-2 bank holidays that actually fall during the week. The problem is, is that if its on a Wednesday then it screws your week up (especially if like me you work far from home) or a Tuesday or Thursday so most people take bridging days for a long weekend which can be a pain as well (especially if like me you work far from home.)
                  Yes, the first Saturday one caught me out, I went out to do my shopping and all the shops were closed. For a while I thought I'd slept right through and woken up on Sunday.
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
                    Our school is open those three days, so there goes that idea.

Might work the royal wedding day if the client wants me to - since they are based in Germany, India and the US, I can't see it being a problem.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                    X