• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Scary stuff

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scary stuff

I have just been informed by a colleague at the consultancy firm I work for that the German police / tax authorities have turned up at another client site and arrested a number of foreign contractors who were using one of those dodgy offshore split payment schemes.

Luckily I have no need to worry as I'm all above board.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

I worked somewhere when they were investigated for price fixing. Corporate raid on head office, and someone managed to ring through to us before they arrived at our place.

Cue mass loading of documents into car boots and then driving off to park in the nearby supermarket car park so there was no evidence to find.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      Zey hev veys of making you talk.

For you, Tommy, ze contract is over.

watch out for the HR guys in the leather coats,
      they work for the Gestupe

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

You can catch them out by wishing them all "Good Luck" as they leave.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I was asked to empty my desk and explain the contents as part of the Volcker Commission inquiry.

It was my first week there and my desk was full of somebody else's dusty documentation and I hadn't a clue what it was. It obviously wasn't records of old bank accounts though.

The guy was a proper gentleman, and when I asked what it was about he gave me an in depth explanation (I had heard about it on the news, but not by the name Volcker).

That bank did end up with a large fine, but not as large as the one Barclays got (snigger).
          Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
          X