• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bloody Clients!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bloody Clients!

I'm still splitting my time between two contracts at the moment. Both clients know about the other and are OK about it, apart from the 2nd client has a habit of cancelling days the night before. Now due to the work I'm doing I can turn up at Client 1 site and just carry on.

Week before last, client 2 tried to block book 3 days on my calendar for the week, when I had already said no more than 2. Moved it to one, got brief for next piece of work. Last week had one day planned, they cancelled the night before. So yesterday I emailed to get a confirmation and on no answer, came down to site today

Lo and behold, project cancelled, sponsor ill and about to go home! So got about an hours worth of work to do!

Planning to bill for the whole day anyway, but in about 1 hour, nothing to do.

Apart from posting brilliant and witty insights on CUK all day, what else can I do?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I'm still splitting my time between two contracts at the moment. Both clients know about the other and are OK about it, apart from the 2nd client has a habit of cancelling days the night before. Now due to the work I'm doing I can turn up at Client 1 site and just carry on.

Week before last, client 2 tried to block book 3 days on my calendar for the week, when I had already said no more than 2. Moved it to one, got brief for next piece of work. Last week had one day planned, they cancelled the night before. So yesterday I emailed to get a confirmation and on no answer, came down to site today

Lo and behold, project cancelled, sponsor ill and about to go home! So got about an hours worth of work to do!

Apart from posting brilliant and witty insights on CUK all day, what else can I do?
    Look for a new client, does not look like you will be billing from there much longer.

HTH
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

You'll probably luck out on that too.

Last edited by cailin maith; 17 March 2011, 10:16.
      Bazza gets caught
      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

See if you can beat 81 times in 24 hours.

I'll call Norris McWhirter if you need a hand

(Ah, he dead)
        If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

How about spending some time on that home gym fatty ?

Comment

Coast Runners - OneMoreLevel.com
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

That's how it always works out.

At the start it's all "No, it's fine, you can see other people"

Then the "But I thought we were spending time together then" starts

Pretty soon it'll be "You're taking me for granted"

Then before you know it one dumps you, the other hates you and you're spending all day at home with a pot noodle for company.

Many men have tried at this and failed... you clearly don't have Tigerblood MF.

Comment

Working...
              X