• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Annoyed!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Annoyed!!!

Was suppose to start new contract today. Had to leave my last contract to take this contract. Well, the contract got canned at the 12th hour.

Good thing is that the agency has agreed to pay me for today and tomorrow.
    Been asked to cut my rate by 1/3rd, but reluctantly negotiated and asked them to consider a slightly higher than asked rate (i.e. less than a 1/3rd cut), as I can't afford to be on the bench.

Let's just say that I won't be looking to take any further contracts with this client, and sadly, bridges may have been burnt with the previous client.
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
    Was suppose to start new contract today. Had to leave my last contract to take this contract. Well, the contract got canned at the 12th hour.

Been asked to cut my rate by 1/3rd, but reluctantly negotiated and asked them to consider a slightly higher than asked rate (i.e. less than a 1/3rd cut), as I can't afford to be on the bench.

Let's just say that I won't be looking to take any further contracts with this client, and sadly, bridges may have been burnt with the previous client.
    Sorry to hear that and hope it works out. The merry cut and thrust of commerce can get a bit much at times.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      Sorry to hear that and hope it works out. The merry cut and thrust of commerce can get a bit much at times.
      Indeed. If owning and using a shotgun was legal in this country.... well, you can guess the rest.
      If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Indeed. If owning and using a shotgun was legal in this country.... well, you can guess the rest.
        Get a licence.

Comment

Sorry to hear that. Guy next to me has just found out his next gig has been canned.

It's not a certain govt. agency that's just kicked out their large service provider by any chance is it?
          "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

That strikes me as pretty remarkable.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
              Sorry to hear that. Guy next to me has just found out his next gig has been canned.

It's not a certain govt. agency that's just kicked out their large service provider by any chance is it?
              Not a government. But for a large storage company with an office / tower in Brentford working on an overseas project, but would have been based in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                That strikes me as pretty remarkable.
                The agency is pretty good, one of the major established players in the IS / IT Security place. They placed me on a perm gig previously, so I know what they are like.

The fact that they didn't fight the request to get paid is indeed remarkable. But they knew the sacrafice I had to make to take the gig.

Comment

I think there's a moral to this story....
                  Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Originally posted by Flubster View Post
                    I think there's a moral to this story....
                    Yep

Contractor cuts short contract with Client A
                    Client B cuts short contract with Contractor

Has a certain circularity about it.
                    But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Working...
                    X