• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Repost? Old news?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Repost? Old news?

Offshore IT workers in the UK avoid paying taxes but are not breaking the law - Inside Outsourcing

Admin please do the needful is this a repost
    sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from malice - Asimov (sort of)

there is no art in a factory, not even in an art factory - Mixerman

everyone is stupid some of the time - trad.

while a new visa has been introduced, valid for 12 months in a 24 month period, for those earning between £24,000 and £40,000.

That's been reduced to £20,000 now. Dave can't get enough of ICTs and we are due a whole load more in a few weeks I gather. The cost calculations are interesting in that they show even well 'paid' Indians are paid less than minimum wage after allowances, and pay next to no tax. I wonder what a similar calculation would show for an ICT worker being paid £20K/year, which is where the immigration boom will occur no doubt. It's a scandal anyway.

Comment

My font size will be back to normal once I figure out why it changed and how to change it back. Oh, it seems to be okay now!

Comment

Purely out of interest - what's to stop me taking a permie job with Wipro India (for example) and being based overseas but then getting them to stick me on an ICT over here?

Or do I need to be on a visa to be on an ICT?

Just wondering if there is a way to pay less tax if I was to be a permie.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
        X