• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just got my Deutsche bank card -

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got my Deutsche bank card -

45 minutes it took me to open an account, no credit checking no measuring my inside leg, simple...

even has the little EC symbol, feel like one of those europeans now...
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    45 minutes it took me to open an account, no credit checking no measuring my inside leg, simple...

Same in Belgium except they gave me the wrong account number. £4k transferred to an account that didn't exist (luckily), took weeks to get it sorted and the money back in the correct account.
    Me, me, me...

Comment

When I went in there they were "too busy, come back on Monday". In their defence it was the last Friday of the Weisn, and I went to the one in the main square (marienplatz). So I walked around for a bit, found a HVB, which turned out to be the "private banking" branch, and I walked in and said "I want to open a bank account, do you speak English" and they sorted me out, they even gave me a copy of their English - German banking terms translation crib sheet. Came in handy for the internet banking.

Is it also a "Geldkarte"? That's a sort of e-cash thing, you load it up and then you can use it like cash for small items like train tickets etc.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

45 minutes it took me to open an account, no credit checking no measuring my inside leg, simple...even has the little EC symbol, feel like one of those europeans now...
        oh FFS, trying to open bank account for a partnership taking nearly 2 months FFS, same bank as main business and personal account!

Comment

Working...
        X