• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

At last...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At last...

...some decent football.

0-1 from the first leg, Andy Carroll makes his debut at Anfield, Joe Cole tucked in behind and Kuyt is back on the wing.

I reckon 3-1 to Liverpool on the night.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Looks like everyone else agrees.

This to-o-o-o-wn. Is coming like a ghost town!
    All the threads have been closed down
    This place, is coming like a ghost town
    No-one won't play no more
    too much footie on the T V

Do you remember the good old days
    Before the ghost town?
    We bicker'd and fought,
    And the repping played inna de boomtown

This town, is coming like a ghost town
    Jim is a Jedi! - Dara
    Jim is EVIL! - Jenny Eclair

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
      ...some decent football.

0-1 from the first leg, Andy Carroll makes his debut at Anfield, Joe Cole tucked in behind and Kuyt is back on the wing.

And in related news, Rangers have thrown caution to the wind and gone with just 4 at the back!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

...some decent football.
        Ooooops!
        Ooooops!
        Jim is a Jedi! - Dara
        Jim is EVIL! - Jenny Eclair

Comment

Andy Carroll = overrated bag of shiite.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
            Andy Carroll = overrated bag of shiite.
            Well, I don't think he's tulipe but he didn't look like a £35m goal machine. There were a few chances that he should have hit the target with but didn't, one early on from about 8 yards that was an almost certain goal IMO.

On the other hand, it was his first proper start, and I think perhaps structuring the whole attack around him was a mistake. After the initial 20-25 minutes where we looked pretty good there were too many optimistic balls aimed at his head, although we certainly had some good spells after that and enough chances that we should have put a couple away.

Overall a bit disappointing.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Oh well, it would have been nice to progress further in the competition but it wasn't to be.

Give Carroll time, he will come good.

Looking forward to seeing him link up with Suarez

Comment

Working...
              X