• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Natwest Black Credit Card

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Natwest Black Credit Card

Does anyone have one of these?

I'm looking at getting on as some of the benefits will be useful to me, however one of the requirements are to have a "sole income of £75,000 or above"... I turnover more than that each year (exc. VAT) but never really go into the higher rate threshold. Do they take the money retained in Ltd Co each year into account or will they turn me down?

Originally posted by Mr.Whippy View Post
    Does anyone have one of these?

I'm looking at getting on as some of the benefits will be useful to me, however one of the requirements are to have a "sole income of £75,000 or above"... I turnover more than that each year (exc. VAT) but never really go into the higher rate threshold. Do they take the money retained in Ltd Co each year into account or will they turn me down?
    No.

I pay £150 a year for an Amex card which gives me 1.5 airmiles per £ spent and after spending £10k will give me a companion ticket on flights.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      No.
      Was this in response to the "Does anyone have one of these?" part of the post? or the "will they turn me down?" part.........?
      I pay £150 a year for an Amex card which gives me 1.5 airmiles per £ spent and after spending £10k will give me a companion ticket on flights.
      I'm not entirely sure how this is relevant...but I'm happy for you being so pleased with your deal

Comment

Was this in response to the "Does anyone have one of these?" part of the post? or the "will they turn me down?" part.........?
        I'm not entirely sure how this is relevant...but I'm happy for you being so pleased with your deal
        No I don't have one.

The second part is that the Natwest card costs £250 per year. So the benefits you are getting are paid for by you anyway. If you want a priority pass for airlines & travel insurance you can get that for less than £250. So I'm comparing that the Amex card will get you decent airmiles and a free matching flight for £150.

I don't think it's a good card.

Comment

No I don't have one.

The second part is that the Natwest card costs £250 per year. So the benefits you are getting are paid for by you anyway. If you want a priority pass for airlines & travel insurance you can get that for less than £250. So I'm comparing that the Amex card will get you decent airmiles and a free matching flight for £150.

I don't think it's a good card.
          Good advice.

Bing!

Comment

If you want a priority pass for airlines & travel insurance you can get that for less than £250. So I'm comparing that the Amex card will get you decent airmiles and a free matching flight for £150.
            Mrs works for an airline so gets reasonable flight perks etc, so not reallty after airmiles or lounge access from the card. It was more for the other things like breakdown assistance/home emergency & travel insurance which currently cost me in excess of £250 a year.... so if the cover of those things are comparable to what I'm currently paying for then it'd be worth it for me.

Comment

Offered one a few years ago. Of course I was flattered at the propsect of being one of the new super-rich so signed up immediately.

So I forked out £250 for the privilege of having expensive travel insurance, car insurance, home insurance which I never used.
              And something called "Personal Assistant Service". Which I never used.

The only time I tried to use it in public, at my local Budgens, it was rejected by the "Computer says No" checkout lady. I suddenly realised that trying the "But it's a Black Card - Where's your Supervisor?" line in a load posh voice would have been wasted on her and met with mutterings of "W****r" behind me probably followed by a beating in the car park. So meekly I shuffled off.

Overrated. Stick to a Tesco credit card with a decent APR.

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
                Offered one a few years ago.
                We're you pulling out an income of 75k+ or did they take into account the money left in Ltd Co whilst your "income" was less?
                Originally posted by moorfield View Post
                Overrated. Stick to a Tesco credit card with a decent APR.
                Not bothered about APR, always pay off in full so never incur interest.

Comment

We're you pulling out an income of 75k+ or did they take into account the money left in Ltd Co whilst your "income" was less?
                  At the time I was paying myself nearer 7.5k than 75k, but I did have about £250k sitting in one of their accounts for 6 months while we were upgrading from Moorfield Cottage to Moorfield Towers.

Comment

WMS

Had reason to use the travel insurance I got on one card when my daughter broke her leg on holiday and spent six weeks in hospital.

****ers wouldn't pay out

It will be on personal income. Just say 75k if they want proof show them your accounts or make a couple of divvy payments into your bank account. That's all the proof they need

Comment

Working...
                    X