• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New car

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New car

Looking for a new family motor as the current one is certainly past it's best.

I was thinking about getting a nissan quashqai....anone got one, any thoughts? Thinking of testing one out tomorrow. Intended purpose is to do the weekly commute and as a kiddy wagon at the weekend.

I know it's not a beemer or such but, well, I can't afford a premium contractor motor at the moment.

Oh, and i'm gonna lease it, not tax effective but casflow is crap as warchest is piled into plan B - which will be up and running by the end of the month

So any opinions on the 'squishy'?

Originally posted by conned tractor View Post
    Looking for a new family motor as the current one is certainly past it's best.

I was thinking about getting a nissan quashqai....anone got one, any thoughts? Thinking of testing one out tomorrow. Intended purpose is to do the weekly commute and as a kiddy wagon at the weekend.

I know it's not a beemer or such but, well, I can't afford a premium contractor motor at the moment.

Oh, and i'm gonna lease it, not tax effective but casflow is crap as warchest is piled into plan B - which will be up and running by the end of the month

So any opinions on the 'squishy'?
    I had a Qashqai till it got nicked two weeks ago. Loved it, great car.
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
      I had a Qashqai till it got nicked two weeks ago. Loved it, great car.
      Bummer. Not exactly what I thought joy riders would go for though.

Comment

Or do I go for the wierd looking juke? Maybe it would grow on me....definately different.

Comment

Bummer. Not exactly what I thought joy riders would go for though.
          Not joyriders this time, organised gang. Four cars gone from the village in the last two weeks

When the insurance gets sorted I'll buy another.
          Me, me, me...

Comment

Or do I go for the wierd looking juke? Maybe it would grow on me....definately different.
            Juke's don't hold value apparently and nowhere near as popular as the cashcow.
            Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Lightship
              Can you trust your kids to not wreck the interior? Otherwise, leasing could turn into an expensive nightmare when the time comes for you to turn it in.
              I'll just have to bill them.

Comment

You'll get stung when you hand it back. Every scratch, dent, stain etc will be billed.

If you can't afford a decent car and it's for ferrying kids around just get a cheap motor like a Mondeo Estate or a Vauxhall Vectra or Zafira. Cheap as chips and easy to service. Tonnes of spares in scrappies online.

Pick one up with a years MOT for about £1500, if you are lucky will last years.

Why waste cashflow if you are skint?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  You'll get stung when you hand it back. Every scratch, dent, stain etc will be billed.

If you can't afford a decent car and it's for ferrying kids around just get a cheap motor like a Mondeo Estate or a Vauxhall Vectra or Zafira. Cheap as chips and easy to service. Tonnes of spares in scrappies online.

Pick one up with a years MOT for about £1500, if you are lucky will last years.

Why waste cashflow if you are skint?
                  Surely there is some allowance for wear, I'm assuming the likes of stone chips don't get charged for as these are aqcuired during normal use? Or do I lube up prior to handing it back.....ok then,what are peoples experiences of leasing?

Don't really want a £1500 dagenham dustbin - not this time around anyhow.

Comment

Canvey Carriage Company : NISSAN PRIMERA 2.2dCi S [138] 2005

If you can't bring yourself to drive such a thing, the Cashcow is not much better.

Comment

Working...
                    X