• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sandra Bullock tribute thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sandra Bullock tribute thread

Sandra Bullock has given the Japanese relief fund $1,000,000, and reportedly more millions to charitable causes before that. What a corker.

Any chance of her doing Comic Relief in a bikini? That would bring relief to millions.

Good one. Even better if she goes and relieves those firemen that had the guts to go so close to the reactors.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Good girl.

I'll buy her movie "The Net" next time I shop at Amazon.

SKA Ltd made sizeable donation, though not on this scale.

Comment

Nice lady.

Comment

Watched her in "The Blind Side" recently, really enjoyed it.

Not my usual cup of tea, not enough guns, sex, fast cars, fighting or explosions but being based on a true story very good film.

Imdb link

Worth an 8.5/10 in my book.
          Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Why does the 3rd largest economy in the world need charitable donations?

I'm not so sure this isn't a PR stunt. Giving to any charity is highly commendable, but don't then issue a press release.
            The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
              Why does the 3rd largest economy in the world need charitable donations?

I'm not so sure this isn't a PR stunt. Giving to any charity is highly commendable, but don't then issue a press release.
              They don't need money. They need blankets, shelter, fuel, water and food.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                They don't need money. They need blankets, shelter, fuel, water and food.
                All of which can be purchased for money and delivered using hired transport from outside of Japan where helicopters etc are in shortage.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  All of which can be purchased for money and delivered using hired transport from outside of Japan where helicopters etc are in shortage.
                  Yeah, presumably charity and charity workers (I think Sandra donates a lot to the Red Cross) need food, rescue stuff, and flights to be paid for, even if Japan isn't short of a Yen or two.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                    Yeah, presumably charity and charity workers (I think Sandra donates a lot to the Red Cross) need food, rescue stuff, and flights to be paid for, even if Japan isn't short of a Yen or two.
                    WHS

Anyone remember the New Orleans flood thing where they were appealing for donations to help with that as well? While I agree that rich nations should be able to react to thier own disasters I think the charities that actually go in and do the stuff need funding. I'm sure Japan are contributing to this as well.
                    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Working...
                    X