• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC websites down between April 2 and April 6

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HMRC websites down between April 2 and April 6

"The move follows last year’s tax chaos when millions of people were given incorrect Pay As You Earn (PAYE) codes. Accountants described the decision to close HMRC’s websites between April 2 and April 6 as “very strange” but the taxmen insist it is necessary for routine computer maintenance."

Link

If you're like me & leave paying your VAT until the last minute you maight want to make a note of this.

They're must be some penalty fines involved

Everything Hector does has a spiteful undertone
    Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
      "The move follows last year’s tax chaos when millions of people were given incorrect Pay As You Earn (PAYE) codes. Accountants described the decision to close HMRC’s websites between April 2 and April 6 as “very strange” but the taxmen insist it is necessary for routine computer maintenance."

Link

If you're like me & leave paying your VAT until the last minute you maight want to make a note of this.
      What? Closed for 5 days for routine maintenace?
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        What? Closed for 5 days for routine maintenace?
        Eh? My VAT is due then as well. You get an extra 7 days for doing it online and as you have to do it online now anyway I always do mine on the 5/6/7th.

What a bunch of twats!
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I paid my VAT yesterday by BACS. No website involved
          "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
            I paid my VAT yesterday by BACS. No website involved
            And? Still have to file an electronic return.

Not everyone gets a piece of paper anymore to fill in.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              And? Still have to file an electronic return.

Not everyone gets a piece of paper anymore to fill in.
              Oh my accountant does all that - they can pay any fines if they drop the ball
              "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

End of tax year so capgemini will be doing the portal release over that period. All the tax sites should be down over that time*

*Apparantly.
                Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
                  End of tax year so capgemini will be doing the portal release over that period. All the tax sites should be down over that time*

*Apparantly.
                  Oh it's Crap Gemini; that explains it. Could be worse; could be Logicack.
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    Oh it's Crap Gemini; that explains it. Could be worse; could be Logicack.
                    My gorgeous bezzie mate works on the portal release stuff.
                    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Working...
                    X