• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sick jokes about tragedies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sick jokes about tragedies

Interesting article on the BBC about the humour that arises from tragedies:

BBC News - Why do people tell sick jokes about tragedies?

I suppose it's funny until it affects you somehow

No excuse IMO - I know some unaffected people might need to 'turn to laughter' but are the people affected doing that?
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Your thread title and thread content do not match.

Get some examples in there, just for the sake of clarity.
    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

The closest thing I saw was in NL several years ago when there were some major floods in our area; people lost all their possessions, many farm animals died and there were some human casualties, but of course nowhere near as many as in Japan. Lots of people got themselves through it with humour.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Anyone know a victimless joke?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          Well I don't think Wilmslow's killed anyone yet.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

two ducks in a pond, one says 'quack' the other one says 'oh I was gonna say that you barstid'
            sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from malice - Asimov (sort of)

there is no art in a factory, not even in an art factory - Mixerman

everyone is stupid some of the time - trad.

Comment

Oh forget I said anything!

carry on..
              "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by 2BIT View Post
                two ducks in a pond, one says 'quack' the other one says 'oh I was gonna say that you barstid'

No, the victim here is the dyslexic duck that said 'barstid'
                When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

two aliens land near a ptrol station at night. one says to the petrol pump 'take me to your leader'

then he pulls his ray gun out - 'answer earthling. take me to your leader'

so he blasts the pump. theres a massive explosion and the two smoking aliens beam back onboard the spaceship

what did you learn ? asks the captain

'dont fck around with a human who can wrap his c0ck twice around his waist then stick it in his ear'

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    The closest thing I saw was ...New Labour several years ago ...
                    FTFY
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X