• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Whinging poor people

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whinging poor people

Tax rise looms for poor already paying higher rates than millionaires – Telegraph Blogs

Many of the lowest-paid people in the country and families on middle incomes already pay higher marginal tax rates than millionaires. Now, almost incredibly, they are set to suffer a tax rise next month – unless Chancellor George Osborne acts to avoid this in his Budget next week.

A combination of income tax, National Insurance Contributions (NICs) and means-tested tax credit withdrawals mean that hundreds of thousands of people living on less than national average earnings are currently taxed at up to 70pc. From April 6, increased NICs and tax credit clawbacks mean their top marginal rate will rise to 73pc.

Oi! Us millionaires have expensive lifestyles. We can't afford luxury homes, cars and holidays AND pay 73pc tax rate like you peasants.

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

A combination of income tax, National Insurance Contributions (NICs) and means-tested tax credit withdrawals mean that hundreds of thousands of people living on less than national average earnings are currently taxed at up to 70pc. From April 6, increased NICs and tax credit clawbacks mean their top marginal rate will rise to 73pc.
    It's utterly insane - Nobody should be paying more than 10% tax on any one transaction, be it salary or sales tax or whatever.

Upping the tax rates yet again is simply like a medievil doctor bleeding their deathly pale and dying patient some more, as the previous bleed didn't work.

Futile and fatally counterproductive, but all they know how to do (and ironically, what the patient expects and even demands!)
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I dunno what they are bleating on about, because I pay less tax I can afford a diamond encrusted Blackberry, a butler, maid and au pair and in doing so I boost the economy so the poor chavs can spend their pittance on cheap cider
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        What gets me is that despite all the milk snatcher's great words, the 33% income tax with 5% NI of the 1970s has been replaced with a 25% income tax with 11% NI.
        Didn't you know? That's only in Wales and up north. We in south-east England only pay 10% total.

Comment

Surely we all take home 80% of every invoice just like all those adverts say?
          ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            I dunno what they are bleating on about, because I pay less tax I can afford a diamond encrusted Blackberry, a butler, maid and au pair and in doing so I boost the economy so the poor chavs can spend their pittance on cheap cider
            Exactly.

By helping the rich get richer brings the rest of society along with them.

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
              Exactly.

By helping the rich get richer brings the rest of society along with them.
              Like a horse and cart perhaps.

Comment

If they don't want to be poor, then why don't they just get themselves a well-paid job. It is not rocket science! Tsk tsk!!
                “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                  If they don't want to be poor, then why don't they just get themselves a well-paid job. It is not rocket science! Tsk tsk!!
                  Good work, that's a Top Tip for poor people.

I've got another one. Go and become a very good footballer, then secure a good contract with an English premiership club.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                    What gets me is that despite all the milk snatcher's great words, the 33% income tax with 5% NI of the 1970s has been replaced with a 25% income tax with 11% NI.

Not to mention the, unseen to most permies, Employers contribution.

Cue Dodgy.
                    We've done this one - even her most rabid supporters had to accept when I posted the evidence that Mrs T actually increased taxes overall. But of course that was different.

According to the logic of most people on here, when taxes go up under the Tories (and they often do), it is Labour's fault (even the early 90's rises and brand new taxes (after >10 years of glorius non-stop brilliant Tory rule).

The truth is, they all do it. They do it in different ways, but they all do it. The overall burden has risen steadily since the war.

Comment

Working...
                    X