• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SJD just stuffed fees up by over 10%

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SJD just stuffed fees up by over 10%

Simon

I know you read this forum so I'd like to know how you are justifying putting up your fees by over 10% when most of us are suffering from either reduced rates or longer than normal periods between invoicable work?

Under normal circumstances I wouldn't think twice about retaining SJD as our company accountants but this attempt to just squeeze a bit more out of us is making me think again. It's not the amount so much as the principle. Sob stories about "we haven't put our fees up in three years' - well boo bloody hoo, most of us are earning less than we did three years ago.

Over to you.
    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

I think this may help answer your questions:

Scottish Sunday Express | Express Yourself :: I'm proof you can make millions even after dropping out of school

The article states the profit was £6m from 10,000 clients, so £600 per client and that was before the fees went up!
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
      Simon

I know you read this forum so I'd like to know how you are justifying putting up your fees by over 10% when most of us are suffering from either reduced rates or longer than normal periods between invoicable work?

Under normal circumstances I wouldn't think twice about retaining SJD as our company accountants but this attempt to just squeeze a bit more out of us is making me think again. It's not the amount so much as the principle. Sob stories about "we haven't put our fees up in three years' - well boo bloody hoo, most of us are earning less than we did three years ago.

Over to you.
      I assume you are limited, well surely its your job to increase profits for your company and if you could put up your fees each year you would am i right, so they are just doing what you would do if you could, SJD are obviously in a market were they can increase their rates and get away with it you are not, its not their fault you earn less its just the state of the market place your in, i would suggest as with mortgages, car insurance, energy suppliers if you don't like like their service find another supplier.

I am with Nixon Williams before you ask

Comment

Originally posted by Waldorf View Post

Scottish Sunday Express | Express Yourself :: I'm proof you can make millions even after dropping out of school

The article states the profit was £6m from 10,000 clients, so £600 per client and that was before the fees went up!
        What a dreadful article. Might as well suggest people take up smoking as a way of living longer, because there are two people in the country who lived to be 105 despite smoking 40 a day.

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
          I'd like to know how you are justifying putting up your fees by over 10%
          When did this happen? I've heard nothing about it yet from SJD?

If this is true then I shall almost certainly be changing accountant next month at my year end. Although I've no problems with their service they are doing less and less for me these days as I've become more self sufficient so I won't be wanting to pay more......

Comment

http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...nable-fee.html

It wasn't true then either.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

no point trying to get a justification, simply vote with your feet,

which is what i'll be doing with my accountants at my LTD year end, drip feed price rise combined with several errors isn't what i'd call a professional service for the cash i give them @£1200 per annum, without personal tax returns etc

Comment

I was very close to signing SJD as my accountant, but was put of at the time by lack of clarity over the fee structure and what i am actually paying for! Also was a but dismayed by the lack of interest in talking to me for my business. A fee rise of over 10% seems rather excessive in these economic times. To be honest if i was looking now i would consider In touch who fees seem reasonable. However, happy at the moment with my local accountant whos fees are almost 1/2 of SJD

I dont understand why some accountants (brooksons, SJD etc) charge stupid high fees for contractors who have a straight forward businesses.

Comment

Originally posted by Waldorf View Post

Coffee's for closers

Comment

LOL! Just what planet do some people live on?

You expect a 'large' accountancy firm not to put up their fees just because some of you 'arent earning as much' as previously and you may be on the bench longer so cannot invoice?

Truely pathetic.

I bet you're the first people to increase your rate when speaking to agents!

If you dont like the notified fee increase, find another accountant. Or better still, find a local accountant who you can build a proper relationship with.

Im in my 3rd company with the same accountant I've had for 13 years.
                    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Working...
                    X