• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stopping at Traffic Lights

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stopping at Traffic Lights

WHY, do some people stop at least a car's length from the line at traffic lights, I just don't get it?
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Originally posted by Waldorf View Post
    WHY, do some people stop at least a car's length from the line at traffic lights, I just don't get it?
    I don't stop at all, maybe slow down a little. Rules are for fools.
    Me, me, me...

Comment

It gives old ladies extra space to burn rubber as they screech away.

You'll learn how to do donuts when you're 70 as well, won't he Cliphead?
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        It gives old ladies extra space to burn rubber as they screech away.

You'll learn how to do donuts when you're 70 as well, won't he Cliphead?
        I learned at 68.
        Me, me, me...

Comment

hippo's.
          If a hippopotomous escapes from the local zoo, and tries to scratch his back on your front or back fender, it gives you about 10 feet to roll backwards and forwards, to deter him.
          or her.

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Not me. I failed my first mock driving test by doing so.

Comment

They think they have to stop at the point where they see the line near the bottom of their windscreen. Having ignored everything they learnt in school about trigonometry and perspective (cue comments about them learning jacktulip because they were never there) they haven't grasped that the front of the car isn't at the same place as what they can see as they look at the front of the car from the driver's seat.

Such imbeciles regularly annoy me when I'm walking past the petrol station exit up the road: they stop about five feet back, so they're blocking the inside of the pavement, and you can't risk walking in front of them in case they suddenly shoot out into a gap in the traffic having forgotten you're in front of them, so you have to go all the way round the back.

This delays my arrival at the pub by as much as one second. I'm not sure how much longer I can stand these idiots

Comment

AS I glanced down the list of threads I mis-read the title as "sleeping at traffic lights" and was rather disappointed to find it was not, as I suspected, an engaging tale of narcolepsy.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

What about people who stop at clear roundabouts instead of taking it like a smooth fast chicane.

If everybody did a track day as part of the driving test my morning commute could be at least 5 minutes quicker.
                  Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                    What about people who stop at clear roundabouts instead of taking it like a smooth fast chicane.
                    What about the people that take roundabouts like a chicane and so driving straight across the lane that a faster car is using to overtake them?
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                    X