• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Belmarsh rubbish

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Belmarsh rubbish

Whats this rubbish about 100 islamic terrorists not being treated with the appropriate respect all about then?

Mailman

did they not get satellite tv?
    poor sods

Comment

BBC this morning - the detainees are to get laptops to help with their case preparation. MPs and others are worries they may also be used to spread further dissent, plan attacks or even plan their escapes "despite the laptops not having any form of internet connection".

So they type their plans out in big letters and hold the laptop up to the window then?
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Who says they don't have an internet connection?
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
          Who says they don't have an internet connection?
          My inmates didnt when I was in Prison. All possible connection devices were removed. No electronic data was ever passed by any means.
          I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
          Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Does the prison service, whoever, buy specially prepared laptops for them?

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
              Does the prison service, whoever, buy specially prepared laptops for them?
              I was responsible for any PC aquisitions in my department and had to report to security on any possible breeches.
              Dont know how it works at other nicks, but would assume they are as keen.

Smith and Wesson.

Comment

I'm a little confused you see: they say these are £1000 laptops, but I don't know of many laptops that don't have some kind of connectivity, and would suspect a specially prepared laptop would cost quite a bit more.

Comment

Unless you supply them with an OS build that doesn't have NIC drivers, no wireless, no USB and no admin-level access, no fixed connectivity in areas they can access and sit them in a Faraday cage, of course.
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

It has been a while since I was inside, but we had no wired networks (well no the outside world anyway) wireless was not realy a problem nor were removable USB drives, but I am sure the people responsible are aware of security implications of these and possible mobile phone connections.

Threaded: It may be that these are expensive becuse they are bespoke. I worked for a firm that paid dell a lot of money to supply PC without CD ROMs instead of leaving them in and letting me remove them for free!

Smith and Wesson.

Comment

Working...
                    X