• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Plan B - Question for Parents

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plan B - Question for Parents

Looking to take the kids out for the day and fancy somewhere different and then kids friendly pub.

Every few weeks jump onto the internet to look for something. Google, Yell, Daysoutforkids.co.uk, local websites, but they're all crap for different reasons.

Does anyone actually know of a decent, centralized website for the UK which collates this information, because frankly if it doesn't exist it's going on my PLan B list and if does you're doing me a favour?

MF
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Try this MF:

Family days out with kids

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
      Cheers. That's one of the sites I'm looking at. It has the information but has a terrible search engine. If there is nothing at the town location you enter, it doesnt give a proximity match and justs 'nothing there'. Useless.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Cheers. That's one of the sites I'm looking at. It has the information but has a terrible search engine. If there is nothing at the town location you enter, it doesnt give a proximity match and justs 'nothing there'. Useless.
        Oh. I put in Aylesbury and it listed 50, going up to 14 miles away at Hemel Hempstead. I put in outdoors and kids 10+

What did you search on?

Comment

I've just tried my village, which has bugger all but it listed the nearest 50 towns that do have something.

Then I clicked the listed town nearest to me, and it gave the nearest 50 attractions.

Comment

Local Index - Netmums
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
              Oh. I put in Aylesbury and it listed 50, going up to 14 miles away at Hemel Hempstead. I put in outdoors and kids 10+

What did you search on?
              I typed Fleet, Hampshire. It crashed.

Then I did Fleet and says
              "Sorry, the town you searched for does not have any attractions listed, however, below is a list of nearby towns that do."

and lists Weymouth as 5 miles away, which is more like 55.

When you click that it gives me Weymouth and a list of places which I don't know where they are and the distance. Doesnt show distance.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                because frankly if it doesn't exist it's going on my PLan B list
                Other sites exists already and it's been done before. No point reinventing the wheel.
                Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
                  Other sites exists already and it's been done before. No point reinventing the wheel.
                  But none of them are very good. I can't for example find a child friendly pub that has an indoor play area (for example).

Did you know that no-one player has more than 8% of the online search directory market in the UK. And that's Yell!

So yes it's been done, but it hasn't been done well and there is no real one place to go. And that's includes Google maps.

It should be no different to searching RightMove, but for events/days out with people uploading content.

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
                    No point reinventing the wheel.
                    Tell that to John Boyd Dunlop

Comment

Working...
                    X