• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Govt FU again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Govt FU again

Government taking contractors:

"Contractors provided by professional services organisations will probably be charged out at double the rate," he said in an interview with Contractor UK.
    When will they ever learn? Pay double just to get an Accenture android instead of getting a decent contractor via e.g. D.Agent, purveyor of BOS to HMG?

How, how did they ever become convinced that it's in any way better to pay "professional services organisations"?

All the convincing they need comes in a brown paper envelop, allegedly.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
      All the convincing they need comes in a brown paper envelop, allegedly.
      Interesting how the nature of political scandals differs according to party. Labour expect the brown paper bag to hold folding stuff. Tories expect it to cover the head of the other participant.

Comment

Originally posted by expat

When will they ever learn? Pay double just to get an Accenture android instead of getting a decent contractor via e.g. D.Agent, purveyor of BOS to HMG?

How, how did they ever become convinced that it's in any way better to pay "professional services organisations"?
        We have an in at the NHS , apparently they are paying £800 per day for fairly run of the mill contractors (in the £400-£500 bracket) with agencies trousering 40% margins. We were asked is this normal? it is no wonder that the NHs is in crisis there is no financial discipline.
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
          We have an in at the NHS , apparently they are paying £800 per day for fairly run of the mill contractors (in the £400-£500 bracket) with agencies trousering 40% margins. We were asked is this normal? it is no wonder that the NHs is in crisis there is no financial discipline.
          Oh God I despair. And yes I'm afraid I suspect total gross blithering incompetence before corruption. It's much more common.

Comment

Oh God I despair. And yes I'm afraid I suspect total gross blithering incompetence before corruption. It's much more common.

Anyway, you will all be pleased to hear that I have put in a proposal that will blow their socks off.

39% margin
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Have worked with NHS as customers for a number of years now and have most recently been working on the National Programme, £6 billion of IT investment.

There is a situation where a company has been effectively hounded from the programme (no need for full detail), tax payers will pay hundereds of thousands of pounds for work that was never allowed to complete or face a large court case with associated bills. This decision has put the programme back 6 months at least in one cluster and some other clusters haven't even started deploying, to be finished by March 2007. No chance in heck!

There are a number of "managers" in the NHS but the clinicians still have final say, so where is the accountability? Why need the extra layers? Beurocratic mess I'm afraid and I don't beleive any agent or contractor will complain with getting high rates at tax payers expense.

PS - where can I get a rate of £800. v. interested!

Mabozza
              Never trust a man when left alone with a tea cosy and doesn't try it on.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent

Bloody hell, time to renegotiate!
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by Mabozza
                  There is a situation where a company has been effectively hounded from the programme (no need for full detail)...
                  Was this company down Woking way perchance?

Comment

High-ranking civil servants and politicians need nice cushy directorships of large companies lined up for when they retire from office. Also, presumably handing responsibility over to big consultancies helps insulate the former from blame if things go pear shaped, although this almost always seems to happen and I really don't understand how they can get away with it over and over again
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X