• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accounting Software

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accounting Software

I've been toying with the idea of using some online (or offline) accounting package. Whilst it isn't that hard to record everything, making sense of it all when I'm not an accountant (or even a bookeeper) or that great with spreadsheets is.

A mate recommended quickbooks, but it doesn't support Flat Rate VAT (which I use) OK it's not a big hardship, but if I'm shelling out I may as well get something that does it.

Anyone got anything to recommend?

Freeagent is good if you want something that gives an overall summary in a non-accountantish way.
    ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
      I've been toying with the idea of using some online (or offline) accounting package. Whilst it isn't that hard to record everything, making sense of it all when I'm not an accountant (or even a bookeeper) or that great with spreadsheets is.

A mate recommended quickbooks, but it doesn't support Flat Rate VAT (which I use) OK it's not a big hardship, but if I'm shelling out I may as well get something that does it.

Anyone got anything to recommend?
      You may wish to google zedAccounts to try a free accounting package. It handles VAT FRS.

ZED.

Comment

Get a copy of SJD's spreadsheet, you have to create a logon on their website but it's free to download and use. Worth a look
        Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
          Get a copy of SJD's spreadsheet, you have to create a logon on their website but it's free to download and use. Worth a look
          WHS

In the past they have even changed the VAT rate when someone on here asked them to, and that person wasn't even a SJD customer.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Have a look at liquid accounts or clearbooks.
            Last edited by ratewhore; 22 March 2011, 18:40.
            Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Earnings Tracker and MyBookkeepingManager

You could try:

Earnings Tracker - Free Bookkeeping Software, Free Accounting Software for Contractors and Freelancers

or

Bookkeeping Software for Contractors, freelancers, and other Micro Businesses

They're not full accounting packages, but they might do the job. Both deal with the VAT FRS.

Comment

Thanks all

Comment

Working...
                X