• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

lawnmower marathon

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lawnmower marathon

Anyone here ever done one of these?

Not sure whether to use a self propelled or a normal push mower as not sure of the speeds involved. Will be a team of 4 so 1 hour on 3 hours off.
    Just thinking that having a drive belt might inhibit our speed. Then again will be knackered after a couple of hours so would be good to have self propulsion in the latter stages.

Think my Briggs is too heavy duty but might be ok if I strip it down, remove the blades and stick some cool decals on it. Failing that, might get something off eBay with an aluminum deck.

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by pacharan; 21 March 2011, 10:08.

And you think threads about Scottish football are boring.

Comment

I'm going to make that book required reading for my team!

LOL, actually the rules state that sit on mowers aren't permitted.

Comment

Originally posted by pacharan View Post

LOL, actually the rules state that sit on mowers aren't permitted.
        ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Gricer, be a love and put the kettle on will you.

Comment

Hmmmmm you can practice for this in my garden if you like ... tip: use a hovermower

Comment

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
              Ugh, don't, the film version was IMO pretty terrible

Comment

Working...
              X