• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Urgent Help required to Tailor CV from Public to Private Sector

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Urgent Help required to Tailor CV from Public to Private Sector

Hi All

Had a phone call out of the blue from an old colleague looking for a new part time PM in a transformation project in Insurance. Would be great for me as I've only ever worked in NHS and want to look at alternatives.

Obviously they need CV today... Any ideas of resources / help for getting a CV to look transferable from public sector to private sector?

Cheers

OG

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Hi All

Had a phone call out of the blue from an old colleague looking for a new part time PM in a transformation project in Insurance. Would be great for me as I've only ever worked in NHS and want to look at alternatives.

Obviously they need CV today... Any ideas of resources / help for getting a CV to look transferable from public sector to private sector?

Cheers

OG
    Don't know about resources but definately tailor the CV to fit the job spec.

I have a section at the top of the CV where I list specific areas of expertise that I always tweak to match the job spec without mentioning where I picked them up.

In the CV itself you could go through and remove all references to the NHS other than employer/client details and turn it into generic references to 'the client' etc.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      Don't know about resources but definately tailor the CV to fit the job spec.

I have a section at the top of the CV where I list specific areas of expertise that I always tweak to match the job spec without mentioning where I picked them up.

In the CV itself you could go through and remove all references to the NHS other than employer/client details and turn it into generic references to 'the client' etc.
      Thanks Dave, am busy changing terms that relate to NHS and medicine to generic things. I don't have a job spec - just a 2 minute conversation with an old colleageu and a request for a CV, but that's the fun of contracting!

Comment

Working...
      X