• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh... I'm a bit bored...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh... I'm a bit bored...

Well, perhaps I've been obsessing too much about weight loss and stuff.

I think I need a challenge, something to break me out of this feeling of boredom.

I'm hoping that being more active and not dwelling on food will get me out of this malaise.

Apart from scuba diving and walking - got any ideas?

Thank you...

Bing!

ALL IDEAS, SERIOUSLY CONSIDERED

How about saving energy by not adding Bing! to the end of all your posts? Failing that, try cycling.

Comment

How about running, swimming, martial arts ?

Comment

If you're near MK why not go to the snow dome (assuming it's still there)

They have a nandos there

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
          How about saving energy by not adding Bing! to the end of all your posts? Failing that, try cycling.
          You could sign up for SY01's cycling roadtrip. It has all the motivational and feel-good parts, but with the benefit you'll never actually have to get on a bike.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Sands of Time View Post

I think I need a challenge, something to break me out of this feeling of boredom.

I'm hoping that being more active and not dwelling on food will get me out of this malaise.

Thank you...

Bing!

Have you tried getting tested to see if you have any vitamin deficiencies? I know if I don’t take my vitamins, I tend to eat more. It’s like my body needs particular vitamins and it triggers me to eat to try to get what it needs. Worth a try.
            Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by Sands of Time View Post

Thank you...

1. Take up mountain or hill running - I never seen a fat mountain/hill runner
              2. Take up caving/pot-holing - it's a bit difficult to to take loads of food with you and you will be underground for hours so won't be able to eat loads
              3. Take up doing triathlons - if you do it semi-seriously you will end losing weight plus you get to buy lots of new gadgets
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                1. Take up mountain or hill running - I never seen a fat mountain/hill runner
                2. Take up caving/pot-holing - it's a bit difficult to to take loads of food with you and you will be underground for hours so won't be able to eat loads
                3. Take up doing triathlons - if you do it semi-seriously you will end losing weight plus you get to buy lots of new gadgets
                If you´re over 35 and not yet fit, get your heart checked before starting this kind of thing. Serious. A fat bloke died of a heart attack after visiting a local gym last week. Anyway, if you do any of these sports you´ll find you can eat as much as you like and still lose fat.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  If you´re over 35 and not yet fit, get your heart checked before starting this kind of thing. Serious.
                  WHS, just don't let them check your liver. It'll only upset you.
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                    WHS, just don't let them check your liver. It'll only upset you.
                    Most people unless they are alcoholics have normal liver function even if they have been subject to binges in the past.

Oh and if you have a family history of heart disease and have been a lazy bugger you have to get checked out before you start regardless of age. Depending on where you are in the country your GP will be happy to sort it out for you as they don't want you dying on them.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X