• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boomed again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boomed again

After my little one day sojourn down in Zurich last year the follow-up has at last come through. The big software company have got round to sorting out their customers and have asked for me personally (nice.) The paperwork has just come through with a nice rate along with daily expenses which is more than I'm getting now so for the few, approximately 15, days that I have to take off from the current project will be more than adequately compensated. First part is 3 days in Zurich to take part in tele-conferences with the 4 customers on what is required which works into a couple of days holiday there as well (its Karfreitag that week) followed by 4 stints in Zurich, Basel and French-Switzerland. So a one day off-chance technical presentation has turned into something good (for me especially as its also a new skill which is quite niche and so I get a name which should lead onto more of its kind. Its also training for me as its on different platforms and OS'es than I usually use...)
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Nice.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      After my little one day sojourn down in Zurich last year the follow-up has at last come through. The big software company have got round to sorting out their customers and have asked for me personally (nice.) The paperwork has just come through with a nice rate along with daily expenses which is more than I'm getting now so for the few, approximately 15, days that I have to take off from the current project will be more than adequately compensated. First part is 3 days in Zurich to take part in tele-conferences with the 4 customers on what is required which works into a couple of days holiday there as well (its Karfreitag that week) followed by 4 stints in Zurich, Basel and French-Switzerland. So a one day off-chance technical presentation has turned into something good (for me especially as its also a new skill which is quite niche and so I get a name which should lead onto more of its kind. Its also training for me as its on different platforms and OS'es than I usually use...)
      Congrats

Don't forget you will have to up your medical cover and daily expenses if you are heading to French-Switzerland.
      Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Working...
      X