• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sap payroll

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sap payroll

Does anyone doing SAP Payroll with one project's experience actually get paid £45K? Or could there be another motivation for this ad?

I don't know much about the SAP marketplace, but there is an almost permanent vacancy on all jobsites for a similar PeopleSoft dude with a similar salary.

Why do these things appear on jobsites? The "vacancy" is apparently never filled.

This is the real reason they can't keep staff:

Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

why would a contractor care about payroll.

contractors care about accounts payable.
      "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
        This is the real reason they can't keep staff:
        Quite amusing, although I won't be sharing it with my German colleagues.

Comment

I recently did a big SAP HR test project for a clientco. I wouldn't turn up for 45k.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            I recently did a big SAP HR test project for a clientco. I wouldn't turn up for 45k.
            Precisely my point - anyone with the experience they want will be getting >45K why do they keep advertising this stuff?

Are they hoping some sap (ho ho) who has been underpaid to frickery will suddenly pop out of the woodwork?
            Is it something to do with Bob?
            Or what?

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
              Precisely my point - anyone with the experience they want will be getting >45K why do they keep advertising this stuff?

Are they hoping some sap (ho ho) who has been underpaid to frickery will suddenly pop out of the woodwork?
              Is it something to do with Bob?
              Or what?
              Perhaps designed to get around immigration laws. As in, job has been advertised on the local market and no suitable candidates applied, so now we can bring Bob over on an ICT.

Happens here in NL all the time; one clientco was offering 35k euros for a senior test manager with >10 yrs experience in major projects, leading teams of 20+ people on several sites. HR asked me what sort of salary they'd have to pay on the Dutch market and when I told them they'd have to pay around 100k + car and benefits to get the most experienced guys in NL they looked like they'd vomit. So they advertised anyway and shipped in a Bob to do the job. Then they hired me to tell the Bob how to do the job, so it ended up costing them even more until eventually they coughed up 95k plus benefits for an experienced local.
              Last edited by Mich the Tester; 22 March 2011, 14:46.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

i gotta say

that is one of the funniest sap sketches I have ever seen

whoever added the material knew their onions, utter brilliance, even down to Shai Agassi's electric cars - genius

brilliant

I'll send to all everyone I know in the game

thanks !

and by the way, thank you SAP - we all love you,

Milan.
                Last edited by milanbenes; 22 March 2011, 21:21.

Comment

Working...
                X