• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Interesting Investment Opportunity

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting Investment Opportunity

I was wondering if it would be at all possible to invest some of my limited company's funds in a little opportunity that has come my way.

I am a keen collector of Air flight attendants' uniforms and I have the opportunity to purchase a sizeable collection from an online aquaintance.

I plan on exhibiting the uniforms at the numerous conventions that occur all over the uk and will charge a fee for my performances and therein lies my monetisation plan.

Given that I am technically a DBA and not a catwalk model, do any of you foresee any problem with this business plan? TIA.

2/10 - must try harder.

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
      I plan on exhibiting the uniforms at the numerous conventions that occur all over the uk and will charge a fee for my performances and therein lies my monetisation plan.
      Tea, coffee or me? This sounds suspiciously like a transvestite strip routine...
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
        I was wondering if it would be at all possible to invest some of my limited company's funds in a little opportunity that has come my way.

I am a keen collector of Air flight attendants' uniforms and I have the opportunity to purchase a sizeable collection from an online aquaintance.

Given that I am technically a DBA and not a catwalk model, do any of you foresee any problem with this business plan? TIA.
        What a coincidence! As you know I'm a keen collector of Boy Scout neckerchiefs. My collection is a panapoly of colours identifying troops all around the UK, plus many exotic overseas numbers. I become excited thinking about them.

Unfortunately, I don't think there is enough of a market for catwalk modelling in the conventional sense and so, as you seem to be a step or two ahead of me in this game, I'm open to ideas.

Comment

Why do you bother with this one! this has to be the worst sockie of all!
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
            this has to be the worst sockie of all!
            It takes so much energy to get approved by mods to post these days that by the time it happens none left for witty conversations

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              It takes so much energy to get approved by mods to post these days

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                It takes so much energy to get approved by mods to post these days that by the time it happens none left for witty conversations
                Pssst. I came across an old thread the other day(before he was a mod) where RealityHack admitted to owning and using two sockies. I think he may be a replicant too
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    I think he may be a replicant too

Comment

Working...
                    X