• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Buffalo Bagels

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buffalo Bagels

A Libyan government spokesman has told Sky News that Colonel Gaddafi's forces would never kill civilians, insisting that the leader was "loved by millions".
    Reminiscent of Saddam's placeman claiming that Iraq had not attacked any foreign embassies in Kuwait; on being pressed, he said that Kuwait did not exist any more, so these were not embassies, therefore no embassies had been attacked.

Why do we have to put up with these bastards? Can our leaders not just say in plain language that they are talking tulip?
    Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Originally posted by Ignis Fatuus View Post
    Why do we have to put up with these bastards? Can our leaders not just say in plain language that they are talking tulip?
    No because they will basically be open to the fact that most of the time our fearless leaders are talking tulip theselves anyway!
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I admit that I fear that the biggest truth-teller in this affair might be Gaddafi's son, who said that when we got to thinking about the oil, we'd be back.

Another hobby-horse of mine: never mind global warming, never mind usage of resources, our dependence on oil puts us permanently in hock to some of the worst despots, and should be reduced on those grounds alone.

Let's go with nuclear. Support comes from an unexpected source:

As a result of the disaster at Fukushima, I am no longer nuclear-neutral. I now support the technology.

A crappy old plant with inadequate safety features was hit by a monster earthquake and a vast tsunami. The electricity supply failed, knocking out the cooling system. The reactors began to explode and melt down. The disaster exposed a familiar legacy of poor design and corner-cutting. Yet, as far as we know, no one has yet received a lethal dose of radiation.
      -- George Monbiot
      Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

Surely, the greatest regime spokesman was Comical Ali.

Comment

Working...
        X